PDA

View Full Version : I-Frames and I-Pad

Jeff Kimmel
27-Sep-2013, 04:22 PM
All,

We're using DAI with I-frames to create really cool dashboards for our users. On the desktop, when the report is too long it shows a scrollbar & you can scroll to see the rest of the data. On the i-pad it doesn't show anything and scrolling is hard (at best). Has anyone tackled this issue with DAI or otherwise have a semi decent solution. I've tried some on-line stuff to get scrolls to show but so far have been unsuccessful. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

Bo Andersen
28-Sep-2013, 04:05 AM
Hi Jeff,

Have you tried making a floating package instead of a page? That would work better on the iPad as the reports resize as they grow/shrink and auto flow to fit screen space..
Best regards
Bo

Jeff Kimmel
30-Sep-2013, 09:16 PM
Bo,

That would work if we could use the packages. We have a bunch of 'reports' that our users dynamically select which reports they want to see. We have about 50 reports so far & our users select which ones they want to see in the dashboard. With that many combinations of reports it's too hard to generate the 1 dash that customer x wants. Is there a way to dynamically run a package that we define at runtime?

On a side note, I think I have a 'solution' which entails us getting the client browser & then not displaying lists & grids that do not play well with i-frames. We will display a 'Your browser does not support girds & lists in this format. Click to run the report in a separate tab." When the user clicks, the report opens in a new tab & works a lot better. The downside is the inconvenience of closing tabs but it's better than any other alternative I could think of.

Thanks,

Jeff

Bob Cergol
1-Oct-2013, 09:05 AM
Jeff,

FWIW some possibly relevant or useful information for you in creating a workaround for your "home-rolled" dashboards that I encountered when building the embedded DF WAF examples.

Dynamic has a named set of frames - one for main display, one for splitframe details and one for form. (this changes in v7) The frames are named Collection01, Collection02 and Collection03. When I opened a dashboard (report package) inside a cWebIframe it ends up a single page, with 2 framesets (both named DAS) with identically named frames. For whatever reason this does not work in webkit browsers (Chrome, Safari) when it works in IE and FF. The naming of the framesets in Dynamic AI needs to be changed somehow to fix this and that won't happen in version 6.

Note: There is no issue when using Dynamic AI with Chrome or webkit browsers. This singular, peculiar misbehaviors I encountered concerning drill-downs only occurred when you call the Dynamic AI report from a DF WAF application -- and the simple, effective workaround I discovered was to force Dynamic AI to open drill-downs in the same frame instead of a split frame which actually results in Chrome opening the drill down in a new tab! (sFrame=Y)

I don't really understand the mechanics of this and its been a long time since I dug into the HTML page source but maybe there is a helpful clue for you in this -- or maybe Bo can elaborate further.

Bob