PDA

View Full Version : Password has Expired

NicTown
18-Aug-2013, 06:46 PM
Hello,

We have embedded Dynamic AI into the office admin package we sell, and a few customers have taken up the option over the past couple of months. All has been going smoothly.

Today a customer rang saying they are getting a "Password has expired" message for Dynamic AI. I wasn't aware that DAI passwords would expire. Looking through the Help I found a line in a page headed "Users" saying " Passwords can be set to expire after n number of days". This is good, but I can't find somewhere to set the value of "n" to be some number we can manage. Where is this setting?

TIA,
Nic Townsend
Autosoft, Sydney, Australia

Eddy Kleinjan
19-Aug-2013, 02:26 AM
Hi Nic,

This can be found under:
Administration > General > System > System > Security

You can set the password expiration (in days, set to 0 to have none), etc.

See the enclosed picture.

Eddy Kleinjan

Bob Cergol
19-Aug-2013, 05:32 PM
Nic,

Alternatively to having no password expirations globally for the system you can set individual users to have a non-expiring password. On the "account" tab page on the user entry/edit page under Administration, Users, there is a checkbox in the lower left titled: "Technical User -- no password expiration."

Bob

NicTown
19-Aug-2013, 08:07 PM
Thank you Eddy and Bob. At this stage, we'll probably go with the Technical User option as that suits our requirements as we see it.

Regards,
Nic