PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic AI on Windows 8 Smartphones and/or tablets

Pepe
15-Jul-2013, 04:43 AM
Anyone tried Dynamic AI 6.x on Windows 8 Smartphones and/or tablets?

Any comments?

And on devices with FireFox OS?

TIA

wstansbury
16-Jul-2013, 08:36 AM
I have tried DAI on an iPad and you can kind of view the reports but that's about it

Not sure about FireFox but with Safaria OS you cannnot modify "Page" reports

Bob Cergol
16-Jul-2013, 01:34 PM
Hi Pepe,

I don't own a Surface tablet, but FWIW, my daughter has a brand new Lenovo laptop with a touch screen with the latest Windows 8 and IE 10. I would assume that's pretty much the same as what a Surface is running. Anyway everything seems to work fine, including http://demo.dataaccess.com/vdf_dynamicai

Also the server that is hosting the above site is a Windows 2012 server (AWS) with SQL Server 2012 and IE 10 and Dynamic AI runs fine locally on it.

Finally, on my own laptop when using IE 10 for Dynamic AI development work I've found I have to activate "compatibility view" to get 100% consistent behavior with IE 9 and with latest FF and Chrome versions. FYI, in the VDF Web app that demonstrates embedded business intelligence, the combination of VDF, Dynamic AI and Chrome required that I detect "web kit" browser and instruct Dynamic AI to open drill-downs in a new tab or window instead of split frame, otherwise I got some confusing results -- like the drill-down in a new tab displaying in the split frame of a previously opened tab, etc. No such problem with IE or FF -- or running Chrome standalone.

Regards,
Bob

Pepe
16-Jul-2013, 01:40 PM
I have tried it on iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) and on some Android devices (Samsung Galaxy and different tablets). You can view reporyts nicely as the interface changes (adapts) to the device or to the browser (I don't know to which)

I don't think a smartphone is an adequate device for creating reports but they are nice for viewing them any time any place ( two "must be" points for any BI tool).

Just curious how the reports would look like on a Windows 8/FireFox OS/BB10 Smartphone and tablet.

Anyone out there ....?

Jeff Kimmel
29-Jul-2013, 05:07 PM
Pepe,

Your question prompted me to check how our dashboards work on Windows 8. I tested it with Chrome (my browser of choice) and with IE. Both browsers showed the dashboards perfectly fine, it even works a little better than i-pads & tablets because you get the scrollbars where you can navigate more easily. I tried to get a screenshot but could not find the right key combinations to get it to work. I just hope that we don't have to check to see how it looks on BB10 devices <g>.

Hope this helps,

Jeff