PDA

View Full Version : Top 100 question

Jeff Kimmel
30-May-2013, 08:31 PM
All,

I have the report enclosed. It's almost what I want but I'd like to limit the number of items on the x axis to 50 (maybe 100). The graph is ordered by a total field whre I'm summarizing a quantity field. It's ordered the way I want but I don't see a way to get it to display only the left most 50 items. Is there a way to do this, either through the UI or possibly churning through series using Javascript? I tried using 'Select Top x' but it grabs the to x detail records & then displays that, which is not what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Jeff

Bob Cergol
31-May-2013, 08:25 AM
Jeff,

Top # only works with single grouper in the top level of the report. Can you push the details down to their own level -- then make a top 50 report?

Alternatively, make a separate chart-only report for the Top 50 and combine the two reports into a package/dashboard.

Top # reports are the only way Dynamic AI can sort a grouping by one of the group totals.

Maybe High Charts supports some scripting to reorder groupers according to selected total and also specify maximum number of groupers to chart -- but I doubt it -- or maybe I should say I don't know what that would be.

Bob