PDA

View Full Version : Installation problems

Pepe
10-May-2013, 04:59 AM
Hi,

While installing Dynamic 6.4.92 on a Win 2003 SP2 just installed from scratch we get the following error:

Windows Scrip Host

Command sequence: ....\AspEnable.vbs
Line:2
Character:1
Error: 0x800CC801
Code: 800CC801
Origin: (null)

Any idea of what it might be?

TIA

Pepe

Bob Cergol
10-May-2013, 08:11 AM
No idea Pepe. I've never seen that error and I have installed Dynamic AI on Windows Server 2003 quite a few times -- though not specifically build 6.4.92.

I don't know that the installer has changed, but if you have an older build you could test. I have install exes for quite a few older builds in case you need it -- including 6.4.73 -- the one I last installed on a Win 2003 server.

Maybe the 6.4.92 installer changed and is trying to enable ASP on IIS 7 ? -- Bo will have to advise us.

Regards,
Bob

Bo Andersen
10-May-2013, 09:21 AM
Hi Pepe,

You say win 2003 SP2 - are you talking about Win2003R2? (not trying to nitpick, but there's a difference in IIS setup), and if IIS is not completely installed the command that enables asp could fail.

Does installation proceed after this?
Can you try enabling asp manually? see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa544765(v=cs.70).aspx

Best regards
Bo

Pepe
10-May-2013, 11:36 AM
Win 2003 Service Pack 2 not R2

Installation stops at that moment and the registration screen never pops up (it is a brand new evaluation license)

A 4 line script to check if ASP is responding did work, nevertheless I sent your tips to the Systems Guy doing the installation at the client's site.

I will keep you informed.

Regards

Pepe
12-May-2013, 02:01 PM
We followed the link instructions step by step and we still get the error.

We found it to be at c:\windows\system32.

Any idea of what it can be?

TIA

Regards

Pepe

Eddy Kleinjan
13-May-2013, 02:07 AM
Hi Pepe,

When you search for the error code on the internet, you will find that most of the issues reported around this error code have to do with ASP and/or ASP.NET with IIS. My hunch is that something went wrong during the installation of IIS.

From a time perspective, it might be worth a try to remove IIS from the system, reboot and try to install IIS again.

Is that doable?

Best regards,
Eddy

Pepe
13-May-2013, 02:35 AM
Yes, I think so. I've just asked them to do so.

Regards

Pepe
14-May-2013, 04:17 PM
Problem solved. Unisntalling, rebooting, installing IIS solved it.

Thanks everyone for their help and suggestions

Rergards