PDA

View Full Version : Hide totals in details

Johan
18-Apr-2013, 06:19 AM
I have a report where I have a list of totals. When I click on one total to get the sub-level lines that make up that total I get the total headline shown in the detail list. In my case that does not make sense. Is there a way to hide totals in detail level?

I run version 6.4.84

Bob Cergol
18-Apr-2013, 08:02 AM
Johan,

You can hide totals by checking the "Hide" check-box found on the "List Options" tab page in the "Calculated Totals" section in design. However this hides the total at all levels. Dynamic AI doesn't provide a way to hide totals only at specific levels. Doing so seems at odds with it's design of drilling down on totals to the data behind the total.

You might be able to do what you want by modifying the Style sheet, or with some javascript on the rules tab.

Why doesn't showing the total column in your details make sense?

Bob

Pepe
18-Apr-2013, 09:12 AM
I do that by drilling down from one report to another one without totals.

Find attached a PDF document with instructions in how to do it. In the example it shows how to drill down from one report with two columns of totals to another with one.

The document is in Spanihs but there is quite a few screen shots highlighting the important bits.

HIH

Regards

Johan
18-Apr-2013, 09:18 AM
The reason is that I manually set some of the totals to zero in order to only show the data the customer want to see in the main report. But on the detail level I want to be able to display the actual values. So I have an extra set of the same columns that I do not set to zero anyware. In order to be able to display them in the detail.

But now I get both the ones with values and the totals that in some of the cases sasy zero and in some of the cases just repeats the values in detail.

See attatchment

Bob Cergol
18-Apr-2013, 09:23 AM
Smart solution Pepe!

Dynamic AI's capability to relate data sources, making all of the reports built on the related data source available for use as a drill-down object to reports built on the other data source is a really powerful and useful feature. I have even used it to link intelligence from disparate systems -- for example Microsoft Dynamics accounting with a proprietary ERP system.

Regards,
Bob

Bob Cergol
18-Apr-2013, 09:40 AM
Since you don't want to hide the totals in the 1st level of the report, but don't want them to show in the details drill-down, I think you should try Pepe's solution.

It seems like an odd requirement to me to show a sum of non-zero values as zero, and then want to show the non-zero values behind those zeros on drill-down.

I have suggested to Cintac in the past that it would be useful to be able to hide totals only at the details level for other specialized reasons, such as when showing "Count Distinct" totals. I haven't heard if they will implement that or not.

Bob

Pepe
18-Apr-2013, 10:14 AM
I am glad you like it and that means that your Spanish is improving :-) I just hope it solves Johan's problem.

That's what I call in my Dynamic AI presentations "Information Islands", and that is more and more frequent nowadys in any company. They have specific software for specific needs in different departments (or even in the same department) with data never connected until we get there and say "we can solve that" or even better ask them if they ever thought of having that information joined in real time with no ETL tools!

Saludos

Pepe

Johan
13-Jun-2013, 08:33 AM
For some reason I have not seen this reply until now but it seems I've used your solution any way.

Thanks for the response / Johan