PDA

View Full Version : Comparing 2D and 3D with nurses

Javier
14-Feb-2013, 02:58 AM
I was not expecting to found this:

Http://www.dataaccess.com/events/synergy/2007/presentations/Presenters/Emil_Stojanov/Synergy%202007%20CodeJock.ppt

The girl is nice, but the uniform is a bit a miser. What does that the result ridiculous. Exactly what happens to profesional apps suited with too much basic GUIs.

I believe that it has become evident that we are not in the same wave.

Now, another one of the hundreds of new visual styles maked by profesionals, click on the panels:

http://peterned.home.xs4all.nl/3d/

Javier

Nils G. Svedmyr
14-Feb-2013, 04:25 AM
Hi Javier,

I am also very interested in user interfaces. But I'm sorry, I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say! Can you try to elaborate?

Javier
14-Feb-2013, 07:13 AM
Hello nils. Thank you very much for answering.

What Windows has demonstrated, is that the GUI has been almost identical for 15 years. This owes to the limitation of the SO. But now WEB does not have this problem.

Now MS has made a reset with his "metro" style, because MS has to re-learn and re-do all his GUI for the WEB. I share the opinion of the WEB programmers who say that the style of Microsoft is ... indescribable.

http://cdn-static.zdnet.com/i/story/60/23/012189/dynamicsstartpage.png

For me, the work of years to translate all our apps to obtain this result, is ridiculous.

HTML5 offers now a lot of possible future ways with "RIA". But the only what we know now, is that we don't know how will be the WebApps in 10 years. But I can say now, that viewing the metro style, and what the people is doing with HTML5, the response will not be Microsoft. At least with this way.

I was very deceived with VDF 17.1. But the fluid grid layouts have been a new slam. This system is very nice for web pages of content that paragraphs of text should flow. But in exchange you are losing any possibility of using graphs as base to put controls. My idea for my future WebApp was for example this:

http://www.transges.com/sc1.jpg

The term "FLUID GRID" into the panel, is only because this picture was maked to ask sollutions to a WEB developer. Not because I want that the panel has a FLUID GRID.

With fluid grids one cannot, whereas with HTML5 you can. I go several months investigating an exit but I do not see it. In opinion of WEB programmers my problem is that I am using a language " very limited for the WEB ". And I do not find a motive for thinking the opposite.

I tried another way in my other post:

http://support.dataaccess.com/Forums/showthread.php?49877-VDF-back-to-opened-fronts

To use VDF in the back-end, and connect it to opened front-end in HTML5 purely. Would be like MySQL / PHP commands into the HTML. It would be a perfect solution, since you would be giving database support from VDF to any WEB of any style. Connecting with our own HTML5 controls. Would be perfect. Make IF YOU WANT your own controls into graphics, mantaining VDF as DB controller. But as you can see the interest and the answers have been zero !

Since you see I have tried everything. But it is impossible. One year ago somebody said that what I claim is too futurist. Well, so already it is done. In 10 years for some it will continue being quite very futurist, while the competition eats up them and they wonder why. Meanwhile, yesterday I end a chart graph made it from our VDF 15.1 WIndows App using only HTML5 canvas in the browser. And without Crystal, VRW, Codejock or AI.

Sorry the extension. But this is my last message to ask fot this. And again, thank you for your interest.

Javier

Nils G. Svedmyr
14-Feb-2013, 09:42 AM
Javier,

I'm sure there are plenty of good ideas out there regarding user interfaces. But how many are there in real life production?

It seems to me you really want one user interface - both for the deskop and for the Web. If that is correct I don't agree. I strongly believe there is a need for one user interface for desktops and another for the web (browsers). In fact, I much more like developing desktop applications just because the controls are so much richer both in how they look and what they can do. And I honestly believe that the two will never totally be the same.

So in short there will always be a need for developement of both deskop _and_ web-browser based application. They just have different uses and therefore also different demands in what controls can and will be used.

DaveR
14-Feb-2013, 10:50 AM
A doctor friend of mine always says "Only two certainties in life, Death and Nurses"

what were we talking about? wibble wibble drool.....

Actually, isn't the model a cigarette girl? or whatever they have in cinemas nowadays.....

Nils G. Svedmyr
14-Feb-2013, 10:51 AM
:)

DaveR
14-Feb-2013, 11:02 AM
and more on topic (I think - always happy to discuss nurses), I was unimpressed by the concept behind windows8 but the idea of live tiles is growing on me.

I can see it being applied in our in-house stuff with timer-driven stuff happening in the background and just updating a 1" square tile, click to see more. Takes up less screen than a dashboard. Maybe a new dynamic AI format?

Nils G. Svedmyr
14-Feb-2013, 11:50 AM
Defenitely sounds doable :)

Javier
14-Feb-2013, 11:39 PM
Nils, agree with you in a great part. Are necessary 2 different controls. One for WEB and other for OS. My example was only a model maked very quickly using real views of our app only to show the idea of mount graphic and entries together linked between them.

The difference between us is your comment about products now in the real life. This is the key. The WEB in real life has changed very quicly since the W3C publication about HTML5. All web developers are experimenting with it. HTML5 is opened to all devices, all OS, all screens, is free, and offers a 2D / 3D graphic environment that has immense possibilities for business.

Yes, we cannot predict a standart future GUI. But then... why are we shutting ourselves in the fluid grid style ? I do not predict anything. DAW yes. And they can have reason ... or not. The fluid grids are a new roadmap style... in the new way of MS. For me represents the most opposite way to an opened WEB design.

The fluid grid is very good for magazines and newspapers. In the Microsoft's page about responsive fluid grids, they recommend you to read books about typography and how to mount text paragraphs for books and magazines !!

Now ? When today has become the migration to much more RIA webs... in competition with other developers with freedom of design... with Google making advanced graphics for bussines, we must begin our transition to WEB into boxes ? Again under the MS way ? Please....

My position is make the front-end like I want. And would be really nice that the VDF commands could be used into native HTML5 scripts. AND if you prefer it, use the fluid grids.

Dave, yes, AI dynamics will end making something like this, like SAP and all. Because all the people like it. Like the nurses... sometimes... well like the cigarette girl of the picture.

Javier

DaveR
15-Feb-2013, 11:16 AM
So I had an ultrasound this morning and the tech had just told me to take a deep breath, and a very pretty one of his colleagues walked through the lab. He forgot to tell me to breath out, and I forgot to ask if I could......

I think my face was this colour :mad:

Javier
16-Feb-2013, 12:51 AM
http://www.html5rocks.com/en/features/graphics

One speaks about HTML5 and others answer with AI. Something walks very badly.

Javier

Evertjan Dondergoor
17-Feb-2013, 11:32 AM
So I had an ultrasound this morning and the tech had just told me to take a deep breath, and a very pretty one of his colleagues walked through the lab. He forgot to tell me to breath out, and I forgot to ask if I could......

I think my face was this colour :mad:

How do you ask to breathe out wihtout actually breathing out? :-D