PDA

View Full Version : Cumulative Totals

wstansbury
24-Jan-2013, 03:51 PM
I would like to have a cumulative sum each day for my actual values similar to the goal values. See attachment.

Bob Cergol
24-Jan-2013, 05:54 PM
That's an easy one. Just do the same thing it looks like you are already doing with the cumulative goal column.

In my example I repeated the existing count column and applied the running sum option. You'll notice in the 1st screen shot, if you have groupings in your 1st level, you can set the groupe level at which any running total type resets.

Bob

wstansbury
25-Jan-2013, 05:19 PM
Thank you Bob for your help! BTW having blanks for the goals on the weekends was tricky. I had to create a file in Access then link the file with a Claims table.

Bob Cergol
26-Jan-2013, 09:56 AM
I'm not sure what you're saying about the blanks, but an alternative to creating an Access table to join to your SQL tables would have been to just create the column(s) you needed in your own dyn-View (SQL). Dynamic AI teaches you the basics which goes a long way to getting what you need. The only wrinkle is that column names cannot be ambiguous in a dyn-view. If you have identically named columns in different tables you need to caption them in the view itself. For example, if I have Orders.Idno, Customer.Idno and SalesPerson.Idno, in my dyn-view I like to caption them job_Idno, Cust_Idno and Rep_Idno. In a dyn-join, in report design, these all show up a as "idno". So it's very nice to see the columns presented with this more defined naming in report design, especially when you have hundreds of columns, as you can have when you make a dyn-join on lots of tables with lots of columns. I also like using the dyn-views to clean up legacy naming shortcomings, and to exclude columns I know are irrelevant for reporting.
-Bob

wstansbury
30-Jan-2013, 12:53 PM
Thanks Bob. Could you please point me to the tutorial that shows you how you can add a column in DAI?

Bob Cergol
30-Jan-2013, 03:31 PM
First place to reference is the on-line documentation.
Click the help link in the bottom of the browser window.

You can search the documentation or manually examine the topic outline. Here you'll find an entry for "+ columns".
Like most technical documentation these days information about the same or similar topic is scattered under different sections and headings since such things tend to overlap.

Finally, you should consult the latest release notes for recent builds. The main documentation is lagging behind the pace of new enhancements and functionality. In case you don't find your way to this using the "Resources" post I made a few weeks ago you can get the latest release notes here (ftp://ftp.dataaccess.eu/Products/DynamicAI/LatestVersion/Dynamic AI Revision Changes.pdf).

Bob