PDA

View Full Version : Forum New Posts problem - only seeing up to end Dec 2012

Richard Hogg
18-Jan-2013, 01:17 AM
I lost connection with the forum for a few minutes then it came back but now when I click on show new posts it only shows Last Post up to 31 Dec 2012. Is it just me? Anyone else have this problem?

kelly
18-Jan-2013, 01:55 AM
The forum website goes down for anything up to 15 minutes between 12am and 1am EST / 7pm NZT daily. Dennis said it is because their network person has to do that to backup something.

I often have forum problems after this time particulary if I had the forum website open when it goes down as I often do. I'm often working around that time and referring to the forums. I often get a "your submission could not be submitted as the token has expired error even though I have the forums set to remember me. Might just be my computer though and its realy annoying especially if I've typed a reasonable sized post and then clicked submit only to loose the lot. I've stated copying the text to the buffer before I click submit so i can post it from another computer. Are you having this problem as well? IE8 and XP on this laptop.

Richard Hogg
18-Jan-2013, 04:24 AM
I think it's ok now. Possibly operator error :p

DavePorter
18-Jan-2013, 09:34 AM
Nah, there's been no posts since then ! Apart from this one :)
Dave

Richard Hogg
18-Jan-2013, 06:42 PM
I reckon I know what happened. I was doing a whole lot of small changes then compiling each one over a number of hours. While it was compiling each time I was reading through the New Posts and I think I just read more than I thought and got back to the 31st Dec.... Doh! Now I'll have to do penance for a few days and not silently curse an end user for being an idiot :o

kelly
29-Jan-2013, 04:28 PM
Back on this subject. What browser are you using?

Richard Hogg
29-Jan-2013, 05:08 PM
Hi Kelly,

I was using Firefox although since then I've moved to Chrome but not for this reason, I just thought I'd try Chrome for a change.

As I said in my previous my original problem was a self-inflicted one not to do with the browser :)

Regards
Richard

kelly
29-Jan-2013, 05:21 PM
Yes, I knew that I just ran into problems yesterday and I'm using IE 8 on this computer and I just wondered what you were using.