PDA

View Full Version : Fehler beim starten von VDF Studio 14.0

mac_hasi
15-May-2012, 05:20 AM
Hallo Community, seit unser SVN-Server ein Problem hatte, auf dem auch das VDF Studio gespeichert wird, lässt es sich nicht mehr starten.
Ich bekomme folgende Fehlermeldung, wenn ich es starte: "Fatal Error: Unable to load system base metadata database. The system base metadata database may be missing or incompatible. C:\VDF14\mill\IdeSrc\SutdioMetaData.mtd

Vincent Oorsprong
15-May-2012, 06:03 AM
Mac,

Please go with Windows Explorer to the c:\vdf14\mill\idesrc folder and remove the mtd file. It seems to be corrupted. Then start the Studio again.

mac_hasi
15-May-2012, 07:04 AM
Same error again.

Stephen W. Meeley
15-May-2012, 07:12 AM
The way this works is that there are two components to the construction of the meta data that the Studio uses. It starts with opening the BaseMetaData.mtd file that is in the Lib folder of the Visual DataFlex installation. It then parses the workspace and "adds" that information to create StudioMetaData.mtd for the workspace (this will be located in the IDESrc folder of the workspace).

It appears that the first step is where the fail is happening. This could mean that the global meta data (located in Lib) is corrupt - or that something is happening to it during the copy process.

I would probably try reinstalling the Studio to see if that solves the problem (you can't "fix" the BaseMetaData.mtd file like you can with the workspace level meta data).

mac_hasi
15-May-2012, 08:26 AM
Ok thx Stephen, i copied one of my old backups from the BaseMetaData.mtd file and now everthing works, like it did before.