PDA

View Full Version : Is DAW waiting to surprise us with new cWeb objects in 17.0 ??

chuckatkinson
9-May-2012, 11:08 AM
What could be taking the RC and eventual release of 17.0 this long?

Speculation on my part is DAW is/was so close with the new cWeb object stuff that they are working frantically to put it in the 17.0 release...

17.0 beta3 has been really stable ... so what's taking so long?

Speculate here !

Mark Powers
9-May-2012, 11:22 AM
They were shooting for an actual release by the end of April. But still no RC. So the way i see it they are @1 month behind at least.

Stephen W. Meeley
9-May-2012, 11:26 AM
No, just that switching over to real reg codes hasn't gone as smoothly as desired :rolleyes: (remember, the RC is the first build that needs real 17.x reg codes). It's not just getting the product to work correctly with all the different license types, it's getting all of our internal systems (invoicing and such) to spit out all the right stuff.

Just about done...

Focus
9-May-2012, 11:28 AM
I very much doubt it I'm sure I've seen on here...

Alpha - we are still adding/changing features but we want you sto see what we have so far
Beta - feature complete and we are now only doing bug fixes
RC - everything complete and just writing installers, licences etc ... unless someone finds a whopper ...

Or to put it another way would you add a whole new area that is still at the alpha stage into a product you have been testing with the community for six months and you were just about to ship ?

chuckatkinson
9-May-2012, 12:11 PM
Good. We are trying to be patient ... BUT COME ON !!!!!

Mark Rutherford
9-May-2012, 04:55 PM
No, just that switching over to real reg codes hasn't gone as smoothly as desired :rolleyes: (remember, the RC is the first build that needs real 17.x reg codes). It's not just getting the product to work correctly with all the different license types, it's getting all of our internal systems (invoicing and such) to spit out all the right stuff.

Just about done...

Come on Stephen .... you are killing the speculation before I could speculate ;)

Can we at least speculate that there is an easter egg in this revision of VDF? :)

Tom Murphy
9-May-2012, 07:05 PM
Nah Stephen's trying to convince the development team to whack in the latest version of codejock before release - "c'mon it's only couple of releases ahead, what harm can it do?" :)

Sam Cannone
10-May-2012, 12:53 AM
Gone Fishing !!