View Full Version : Studio edit of Table int files

Russell McDougall
15-Apr-2012, 06:03 PM
B3

When a Server-name entry exists is a table int file such as

SERVER_NAME DFCONNID=ftConnectionID

The menu item in studio "Database > Open Table .int File" fails with message

"This table does not support an .int file."

Even if i have a default connection id established in mssqldrv.int and it is loaded.

John van Houten
16-Apr-2012, 02:58 PM
Hi Russell,

My guess is that the Studio is having a problem opening that table to get any information about its structure. The error message you are showing can also happen if the Studio cannot get any information about the table to determine whether or not it supports .INT files.

Some questions:

What happens when you try to expand this table in the Studio's Table Explorer (to view the set of columns, indexes, etc)?

What happens when you try to Edit the table's structure in the Studio's Table Editor?

If you tried to do these same operations in VDF 16.1 would the Studio behave differently?

regards John van Houten

Larry R Pint
16-Apr-2012, 04:06 PM
FYI
I am using VDF 16.1
I am using connection IDs for all my files.
I am not having any problems opening int files.

John van Houten
16-Apr-2012, 04:11 PM
Thanks Larry,

I think Russell's problem is specific to his database setup in that workspace (possibly only one or a few tables). My guess is that the problem will be the same for him in VDF 16.1 as well as 17.0.

regards John van Houten

Russell McDougall
17-Apr-2012, 05:39 AM
It now works fine in B3 MSSQL12 - My mistake.
Thanks you both for pointing me in the right direction.

I had a typo in MSSQLDRV.int
The way i found it was to revert to a full connection string in the file.int which worked.

Then i cut and pasted that as follows
DFConnectionId ftConnectionID, SERVER=RMCDHPENVY17\SQLEXPRESS;Trusted_Connection= yes;DATABASE=PL Master Chart, 1

Then I restored the connection id in the file.int to
SERVER_NAME DFCONNID=ftConnectionID

I am also happy that I have methods to delete and create a new connection when selecting any client database from about 200 databases, similarly when creating a new database and table set using a sql script.

Once again the help was appreciated.