PDA

View Full Version : Which international site to order from?

Russell McDougall
20-Jul-2011, 05:07 AM
The DAW ordering web sites seem to suggest:

1. A 10 User license purchased from the asia pacific website quotes approx $1,243 NZD - New Zealand or $990 AUD. The conversion from Australian to New Zealand is correct. There is an AUD price on the same order form but is not explained.

2. The same item purchased from the DAW Europe website link .eu would cost 600 Euro or approx $998 NZD

My point is not so much the price difference but the non consistent face to purchasing in an international market place.

Although that is an attractive difference 24% extra.

Could i ask someone at DAW to double check that via the respective websites to ensure i am not confused about the products. I used the Oanda currency converter foe Euro to NZD. I am concerned the price difference is so large i may have confused products.

Also the European Web site is completely consistent with the DAW website look and feel.
The Asia Pacific web site looks like a clunky add on reminiscent of a long gone era. To see that go to it through the buy from link in the DAW website. Then compare that to the Europe site.

I suggest one is very good and the other very poor.

In the Asia Pacific order site there is a drop down for the version to purchase. It only allows purchase to VDF2009. Somewhat confusing.

Lastly both site list client licenses to the public whereas i have always been told they can only be purchased by holders of a current studio license. Anyone viewing that site would think they could purchase them direct.

Can clients buy these licenses direct?
Can we order from any worldwide order site thus shopping around for the best price?

I was also told that developers may choose what price they onsell these to clients. The fact the prices are visible to the end user makes it clearly visible to and client user what that add on would be.

That would never be a problem to us because we never add anything but it may be a problem to some.

An international site would avoid all these problems.

Hmm - that price difference is starting to look more and more attractive the more i look at it.

hellboy
21-Jul-2011, 12:18 AM
From memory the Data Access Asia Pacific price is only updated a couple of times a year, so I presume that the last time they were updated was when the Australian dollar wasn't very strong.

Why it's like this I don't know? I would have thought it would be easier to just charge in USD or Euros or whatever their currency of choice may be. It certainly would be cheaper!

Pepe
21-Jul-2011, 02:41 AM
FYI in some Data Access Europe Channel Partners you can buy licences online, pay with your credit card and get your codes in less than 48 hours.

But then I don't think they will be allowed to sell to your region.

Regards