PDA

View Full Version : Flaky Threads

Bob Worsley
23-Jun-2011, 08:17 AM
There's something flaky happening in the DAW forums, I'm sometimes finding that a particular thread won't show all of the postings and reading the thread won't get it off my New Posts (filtered) list. The latest example is "Adding TreeView to Shortcutbar" where the last post is by StarZen on 6/22 but when I go into the thread it's actually by Richard Hogg on 6/16.

And, clicking "View First Unread" doesn't do anything. I can see the screen refresh, but the browser remains at the first posting.

This started a few days ago, doesn't happen in every thread, and continues sporadically -- has anyone else seen this behavior?

Seen in both IE-8 and FireFox.

Dennis Piccioni
23-Jun-2011, 08:48 AM
Hi Bob,

I haven't seen this behavior, not even once. I'm running Firefox. Which view are you using? I use Threaded.

Stephen W. Meeley
23-Jun-2011, 08:49 AM
Hi Bob,

I'm not getting any of the behaviors you are seeing. I'm in and out of the Forums all day long (I don't filter any out - I look at every message, every day). The only time I've ever seen any problems was back around the 14th when the remote server needed to be rebooted because the Forums were acting strange (php errors). Since the reboot everything has been perfect for me.

Bob Worsley
23-Jun-2011, 09:18 AM
I knew it was only me! I'm not really sure which "view" I'm using, where do I see that?
Never mind, found it 2 seconds later. Linear mode...

Bob Worsley
23-Jun-2011, 09:52 AM
In the attached pix, you can see that the 6/22 posting by starzen is supposedly the latest, but I only see Richard's earlier posting. Are you seeing a page 2? I'm not...

Update - the only way I could clear this thread from my "New Posts" list was to append a new posting. And of course that new posting doesn't show here, but I really don't care about it.