PDA

View Full Version : Search

Bob Worsley
14-Nov-2010, 09:09 PM
The previous incarnation of the forum had the ability to limit searching by forum which I used quite a bit, especially when searching for Ajax specific items which many times are the same terminology as VDF. Unless I'm missing something, I no longer see that functionality. Can we get it back?

Michael Mullan
14-Nov-2010, 10:39 PM
Just use Garretts time machine.

Keith Nikolaison
14-Nov-2010, 11:23 PM
Hi Bob,

Under "Advanced Search" there is a "Seach Single Content Type" tab which includes the "Search in Forum(s):" under the "Additional Options"

Regards Keith

Garret Mott
15-Nov-2010, 06:32 AM
:D

Don't I wish I had one.

Bob Worsley
15-Nov-2010, 08:34 AM
Hi Bob,

Under "Advanced Search" there is a "Seach Single Content Type" tab which includes the "Search in Forum(s):" under the "Additional Options"

Regards Keith
I hadn't noticed there are two tabs there, mine defaulted to "Multiple content types" which doesn't have the forum option, "Single content types" does. Not sure what the tabs mean, but I did find it, thanks.

Michael Mullan
15-Nov-2010, 10:17 AM
Well I thought you at least had access to one. a few months ago, werent you time travelling on business and due back last week?

Dennis Piccioni
15-Nov-2010, 11:17 AM
Hi Bob,

with vBulletin 4, you can now search multiple content types at once, the most important ones being forums and blogs. In version 3, you had to search forums and blogs separately. Also, when you are in any given forum, one of the menu items at the top right is 'Search Forum', which searches only the current forum.

Bob Worsley
15-Nov-2010, 11:19 AM
Hi Bob,

'Search Forum', which searches only the current forum.
That's the part I missed. Thanks Dennis

Garret Mott
15-Nov-2010, 03:22 PM
Well I thought you at least had access to one. a few months ago, werent you time travelling on business and due back last week?

Hmmm... That must've been a future me that was filling in while I was in the past. Or was I out to lunch? Both?