PDA

View Full Version : SIG Code Jock Documentation Now Available

merchantr
5-Nov-2010, 10:50 AM
Hello Everyone,

Mertech has launched a new product/service called DocuMentor which allows developers to generate architecture information from their Visual DataFlex source code.

We have generated DocuMentor report for the Code Jock project and are making it available to all users of the SIG Code Jock library. You can access the Code Jock documentation here

http://www.mertechdata.com/documentor/sigcj/pro/index.html

The report iis based on the Code Jock Order example that is available as a part of the SIG Code Jock libraries.

Hope you all find it useful. If you would like see documentation for any other open source project, then let me know. Would love to hear your feedback, suggestions or about missing items.

Richard Hogg
6-Nov-2010, 01:50 AM
Oooohhh thats very nice Riaz. Standing and admiring golf clap :D Top stuff.

merchantr
8-Nov-2010, 01:02 PM
Thanks...if only there was an emoticon for expressing that :-)

From the feedback we have been getting from early adopters, the productivity gain is tremendous. Put proper comments in the code (which gets highlighted in the report) and you get a complete design documentation that is Correct, Read, Understood, Followed and Trusted. Fits nicely into Agile development methodologies.

ArchieCampbell
9-Nov-2010, 02:47 PM
Hi Riaz

re: "Put proper comments in the code". What are "proper comments"?

Other than the 5 page Getting Started I did not find any documentation on Documentor that would explain what a "proper comment" that gets highlighted in the report is.

A tad ironic, I thought.

Archie

merchantr
10-Nov-2010, 12:58 PM
Hi Archie,

read "Proper comments" = "appropriate comments" = "whatever you think is right" comments = "Anything that follows // in DF code"

mimic182
25-Jan-2013, 02:25 AM
where to grab the doc now? 404 error

wila
25-Jan-2013, 03:18 AM
Hello Mimic182,

My google-fu tells me that it has moved to:
http://content.documentor.mertechdata.com/samples/sigcj-pro/index.html

Hope this helps,
--
Wil

mimic182
25-Jan-2013, 03:36 AM
omg, my head's spinning now! you've made my day )))