PDA

View Full Version : Pushbutton and pointer_only

Michiel
29-Sep-2010, 07:26 AM
I have a view with a cSigCjpushbutton on it. I don't want this button to have the focus and to skip to the next object when using tab.

When i set pbPointer_only to TRUE, i expected this to happen, but it doesn't. When tabbing, the focus still goes to the button.
You don't see it, but when you press enter, the onclick function of my button still fires.

Is there something wrong in my program or do other people have this same problem?
Or do i need to set some other property to tab over this button?

Garret Mott
29-Sep-2010, 07:30 AM
Hi Michiel -

Pointer_Only is no longer recommended. In fact it can cause some odd behavior. I haven't used the cSig buttons, but on a regular button, I set Skip_State to True & get the same result as Pointer_Only.

HTH

Michiel
29-Sep-2010, 07:43 AM
Skip_state is not mentioned as a property of the cSig button. I also tried it, but no effect.

Vincent Oorsprong
30-Sep-2010, 12:23 AM
Garret,

"no longer recommended"... I would rephrase this. Since the initial release of Visual DataFlex (4.0 thus) it has not been supported as in "it does not work as in 3.x DataFlex".

Skip_State is a good alternative for DataFlex controlled objects although not designed for buttons. And a COM control is not fully controlled by Visual DataFlex.

If Michiel or others wants to have the pointer only feature with this control they have to look if there is a CodeJock side setting that does this kind of operation.

Renato Villa
30-Sep-2010, 02:24 AM
Hi Michiet,

this code work for me

Object oSigCJPushButtonAnnullaConto is a cSigCJPushButton
Set Size to 60 60
Set Location to 1 484
Set Label to "Annulla Conto"
Set peAppearance to OLExtpAppearanceOffice2007
Set psImage to "Delete048N32.ico"
Set peTextImageRelation to OLExtpImageAboveText
Set peImageAlignment to OLExtpAlignCenter