PDA

View Full Version : How does VRW integrate with VDF15.1?

dbmcbrierty
17-Sep-2010, 01:12 PM
I have just finished rebuilding my system with WIN 7 and now VRW installed it asked me if it should integrate with VDF15.1 but I can not find it in my Create new View/Reports tab? Did I miss something while installing.

VRW is not register yet I am having trouble with the codes and I am working that out with Fern.

Bob Worsley
17-Sep-2010, 03:06 PM
Doug, you didn't say what version of VDF you were trying to implement, I assume 16? VRW will only work currently with 15.1 so you will have to have an instance of 15.1 on your box somewhere. There's a recent thread around here somewhere on this topic.

dbmcbrierty
17-Sep-2010, 03:53 PM
Bob, I know VRW does not interface with VDF16.0 at this time. I was asking about VDF15.1, I understood that it was supposed to show up in my Create Object under View/Reports. When installing there was a check box to integrate with VDF15.1. When I was done VRW was not a selection in the View/Reports tab. I was wondering if there was more for me to do to link VDF15.1 and VRW.

Ali
18-Sep-2010, 06:22 AM
Hi
You have to add vrw lib to VDF15.1
use Tools menu in VDF15.1
then select Maintain Libraries
and add Visual Report Writer.sws from Visual Report Writer folder
then you can find VRW in Create Object

Regards
Ali

dbmcbrierty
18-Sep-2010, 07:44 AM
I have installed and registered VRW successfully, and there is no Visual Report Writer.sws file on my computer. I can fine the AJAX libraries off my Program Files Directory but no VRW hmmmm...? I have install VRW by adding the program to my Tools Menu just as I have Crystal Report XI. I was thinking that it would integrate into VDF on my Create Object for Views/reports as attached image.

I wonder why not. Why would I want to develop a report outside of VDF and then manually build an object to use it.

Ali
18-Sep-2010, 03:13 PM
Hi

If you add Visual Report Writer.sws you will get the integration
you will find Visual Report Writer.sws in c:\Program Files\Visual DataFlex 15.1\Libraries\Visual Report Writer
folder
if you cant find it try to reinstall vrw

Regards
Ali

dbmcbrierty
21-Sep-2010, 11:19 AM
Got it, once I had the Library loaded. I removed VRW 2010 and started over, not it is integrated into VDF 15.1. N

Now I am waiting VRW 20?? for VDF16.0 which where all my Clients are going.

Vincent Oorsprong
21-Sep-2010, 12:19 PM
Doug,

We are very close to a release, we will use a test build tomorrow in the Scanduc VRW training.