PDA

View Full Version : Manually Adding Selections

kelly
16-Sep-2010, 07:34 PM
Hello,

Can someone please tell us how to add selections to the report after we have integrated it. It seems totally illogical to have released a new report program without anyone being able to quickly use selections which is what most reports would be based on and virtually every single on of ours are and we have hundreds.

We look forward to a quick answer.

Thanks
Kelly.

Vincent Oorsprong
17-Sep-2010, 01:31 AM
Kelly,

You should use the psFilterFunction property. For example:

Object oReport Is a cVisualReport
Set Size to 200 300
Procedure InitializeReport
Set psFilterFunction "" To "return ({customer.state} = 'FL')"
End_Procedure
End_Object

kelly
19-Sep-2010, 03:53 PM
Hello Vincent. We seem to really be struggling with this.I have tried putting that code into my report in VDF but to no joy. Do you have an email address that i could send my trial reports to for you to look at????If we can't do this in a fairly easy way we will have to try and make do with winprint although that will make doing the special labels virtually impossible. If we had an interface it would mean that we could use VRW. It still seems quite unusal that there was no ODBC interface for selections when that is what most people use [eg SQL etc], is there any time frame for an interface??Also we don't have the Dataflex database. My Co-programmer thinks he can create a dataflex database but we still don't really understand how to do it. Sorry its totally new to us and although we have had a quick look through the VRW manual we still don't really understand it. We are very grateful for the advice so far and look forward to your reply.ThanksKelly