PDA

View Full Version : Debug available?

Clayton
31-Aug-2010, 09:59 AM
Hi.

Is there a way to debug functions? I need something to add breakpoints in a while-do-end loop and check content of local variables.

Thanks.

Vincent Oorsprong
31-Aug-2010, 11:14 AM
Clayton,

Nope, debug is not possible. I will put this on the wishlist.

The WHILE in a VRW function currently does not work. Will work in the next release.

Clayton
31-Aug-2010, 11:34 AM
Vincent,

Let me confirm this, as exemplified in user's guide, doesn't the while-do-end statement work?

Vincent Oorsprong
31-Aug-2010, 11:55 AM
Clayton,

Indeed, it does not work currently. In the next revision it will work and we also built in an error message that is displayed when the loop does not end within a certain number (I believe 1000) loops.

Clayton
31-Aug-2010, 12:11 PM
Vincent,

Ok. :( Then is there any other statement to get a loop?

Also let me make a suggestion: add a statement to get a message box where we can show data to help debugging.

Thanks.

Vincent Oorsprong
31-Aug-2010, 12:26 PM
Clayton,

I don't think so but then again I don't know what you try to do.

I already added the message box as suggestion under your name in HDE.

Clayton
31-Aug-2010, 01:02 PM
Vincent,

I have a load order report (don't know if this is the correct translation) where I list the invoices (hidden detail) to get a grouped list of items billed. In report footer, I need a short list of invoices processed. A subreport could do the job, but it doesn't have multi-column support (at least I didn't found), so this is not an option.

Then I tried to get the list of invoices working with global variables. All fine, except that the invoices are not sorted by number in the global variable (the report is grouped/sorted by item). As I didn't found a sort command at documentation I tried to sort the list (global variable) by myself, but then I need a loop to read and sort data from the global variable.

If there is no way in VRW I'll do it in an array at VDF side.

Then, more suggestions: Add a sort command and arrays to VRW.

Thanks.

Vincent Oorsprong
1-Sep-2010, 01:01 AM
Clayton,

Arrays as in data collected in Visual DataFlex and passed as array to the report? If so, we call this Runtime Data Source and it is on the list for the future.