PDA

View Full Version : Bad report performance when using FilterFunction

hinnark
31-Aug-2010, 07:05 AM
I want to switch from CR11 to VRW2010.
Now i am facing the problem that the performance of a report on Dataflex data is very good when I use the Filter Expert in VRW.
When I however start the report from VDF15.1 using a filter function it gets very slow.
Obviously this way the report is not jumping into the index but searches the data completely.
In VRW the report comes up after 1 second. With the same selection from VDF15.1 it takes 32 seconds. (59000 records in total).
How can I get around this?
Can anybody help?
Hinnark

Vincent Oorsprong
31-Aug-2010, 08:58 AM
Hinnark,

Your conclusions are right. The Filter Expert can do an jump into index to more efficient filter records while the psFilterFunction cannot do this.

It is on our list to provide access to the Filter Expert, it is just not there yet.

hinnark
31-Aug-2010, 10:31 AM
Thanks Vincent.
I will wait for that fix as for the moment it does not make much sense to use the reports
in my applications. All reports start from within VDF and use a dynamic filtering logic.
Regards
Hinnark

Hinnark,

Your conclusions are right. The Filter Expert can do an jump into index to more efficient filter records while the psFilterFunction cannot do this.

It is on our list to provide access to the Filter Expert, it is just not there yet.