PDA

View Full Version : Can we use VRW with VDF16 RC ?

DavePorter
5-Aug-2010, 07:44 PM
I just tried to migrate a workspace from 15.1 to 16.0 but got this error.

Am I jumping the gun ?

BTW: The path shown is not correct!
When I accept the error, the only option is to cancel the migration...

TIA, Dave

Vincent Oorsprong
6-Aug-2010, 03:10 AM
Dave,

Shortly after the release of Visual DataFlex 2010 (v16.0) we will release a Visual Report Writer 2010 (for Visual DataFlex 2010).

While you should be able to migrate the library you are missing a Visual DataFlex 2010 compiled wizard and Visual Report Writer 2010 designer executable.

DavePorter
6-Aug-2010, 05:00 AM
Thanks Vincent,

I managed to work through it by copying the VRW writer workspace into the location it was complaining about, and it then migrated fine!

regards, Dave

Dave,

Shortly after the release of Visual DataFlex 2010 (v16.0) we will release a Visual Report Writer 2010 (for Visual DataFlex 2010).

While you should be able to migrate the library you are missing a Visual DataFlex 2010 compiled wizard and Visual Report Writer 2010 designer executable.

Vincent Oorsprong
6-Aug-2010, 06:50 AM
Dave,

Note that we are testing Visual Report Writer and modules for Visual DataFlex 16 / Windows 7 and that we officially do not support what you have done. Note that it might work well.

DavePorter
6-Aug-2010, 09:23 AM
Thanks Vincent,

I understand that, really just doing a test migration of a couple of projects...

regards, Dave

Joe Coley
22-Aug-2010, 06:11 PM
Have just purchased a Windows 7 laptop for development at customer sites and do not intend to install older versions of VDF on this machine. Am disappointed to know that the VRW is going to require a new (something -- fill in the blank) for each release of VDF. I'm still not using VRW when I could otherwise be. :-(

DavePorter
24-Aug-2010, 12:53 AM
Vincent, any update on this ?
regards, Dave

Vincent Oorsprong
24-Aug-2010, 01:25 PM
Dave,

The next release of Visual Report Writer will check if you have a Visual DataFlex Studio or Client License installed for the version that Visual Report Writer was built with. If not, a client license will be installed.

This way, if in the future there is for example a 17.0 installed and you install the then current Visual Report Writer we do not longer require you to install an older or newer Studio.

The integration library will be available for multiple versions.