PDA

View Full Version : Can or will VRW be able to justify (align to both left and right margins)

Jack Hirschi
18-Jul-2010, 06:30 PM
I have a new project that requires legal forms aligned to both left and right margins. I just checked Crystal to see if it will justify (never had a reason to check before) and it does. Would rather use Visual Report Writer if possible...

Vincent Oorsprong
19-Jul-2010, 12:58 AM
Jack,

I am not sure if Crystal really does what you want... Crystal has a button titled "Justify" (next to left, centered, right aligned) but it only works on text (memo) columns and also only when there is enough data (wrapping text to the next line).

What I remember from my own notary contract is the fact that empty space needs to be filled up with dots. Not sure if you can do this easily with a report writer.

Nick
19-Jul-2010, 05:49 AM
We plan on adding this Jack, but will take some time. The current technology supports it (GDI as well as export to PDF) but in future the text formatting capabilities will first be replaced with enhanced technology to support Arabic, and improved PDF capabilities. We will log it as a YAFR for now.
Nick

(Btw - Is "YAFR" a Michael Mullen invention?)

Bob Worsley
19-Jul-2010, 07:22 AM
It ought to be, he's said it enough... :D

Michael Mullan
19-Jul-2010, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by Nick
Yes! That was me, I admit it. Still, some of my original YAFRs got added so it was worth all the skull sweat to come up with a really good acronym.

For those not paying attention, it means "Yet Another Feature Request"

Jack Hirschi
19-Jul-2010, 10:42 AM
In Crystal I was able to build a paragraph as a formula using some fixed text and same data fields and then put it in a text box. This gets the job done. Not a feature that is needed often....

Mike Cooper
19-Jul-2010, 12:14 PM
Thanks for clarifying...

I guessed something that almost sounded the same, meant the same, but clearly was not family-rated

M

John Sutton
28-Sep-2011, 02:51 PM
Any movement on this yet?

Vincent Oorsprong
29-Sep-2011, 12:39 AM
John,

No movement yet.

DaveR
29-Sep-2011, 11:30 AM
YAFR's never get any action.

They have to be converted to WIBNIs first :cool: