PDA

View Full Version : YAFR - Autosave

Michael Mullan
8-Jul-2010, 02:49 PM
*(&^^*&! VRW crashed, and i hadn't explicitly saved the report in about 30 minutes, and it dropped the last half hour of work. Half a dozen functions,and about 50 fields.

I want it to save the file EVERY time I switch to the preview tab. BEFORE it tries to display & crashes, just as the studio saves all files before you compile.

Grrrr.

craigkrum
8-Jul-2010, 03:01 PM
I feel your pain! That happened to me and now I save after everything I do, especially before I refresh the report data. An autosave feature would be great, although I will probably continue to hit the save button first, just out of habit at this point.

Rafael M Heise
8-Jul-2010, 03:30 PM
I would like to say I had a huge problem a month ago, I guess.

After you saved your report and did something work, please, save it in a new "revision". Save all for every step and save in new files. You can't imagine what can happen one step forward.

The worst of all is think "oh, it'is working" and then you realize is not really working, and you need back a few revisions.

You can save a lot of time.

Garret Mott
8-Jul-2010, 03:34 PM
Funny - one of the few things I miss about working in VB is the ability to make a change & test run without saving.....

craigkrum
9-Jul-2010, 10:11 AM
That would be nice, as long as you didn't have to worry about the program freezing and losing all the work you just did. Maybe they can add an 'autosave-on-lockup' feature :rolleyes:

Garret Mott
9-Jul-2010, 10:21 AM
That would be nice, as long as you didn't have to worry about the program freezing and losing all the work you just did. Maybe they can add an 'autosave-on-lockup' feature :rolleyes:

Wouldn't we like that for our apps!