PDA

View Full Version : Error message when our customer prints the report

Rafael M Heise
2-Jul-2010, 02:20 PM
Our custormer have tried to print a report, but he can't.

Sometimes the error message appears, but the report prints correctly. Sometimes our application just close.

I don't know what I can do to fix it. Does someone has any idea?

In our internal network everything works fine.

Jim Albright
2-Jul-2010, 02:37 PM
Check the printer driver. Sometimes, the user has changed the default printer to some other device either directly or indirectly (through other software). When this happens you won't even get a preview page.

Rafael M Heise
2-Jul-2010, 03:14 PM
But our customer has a preview page.
The error happens when user wants to print, and in preview page he click on print button.

The the error message appears. If you look at in attached file, you will see behind of error dialog the preview page. In my opinion an unhandled message is not good, doesn't matter the situation. And I think the problem is not in my application...

So, I would like to know if anyone knows anything about it, and how could I fix it.

I will ask to my customer to check all print drivers. If I found out anything, I will post something here.

Anyway, thank you Jim! ;)

Vincent Oorsprong
3-Jul-2010, 03:18 AM
Rafael,

This problem was reported before (see http://support.dataaccess.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42986) and fixed inside the packages. The enclosed cPrintDialog should fix the problem.

Rafael M Heise
5-Jul-2010, 06:48 AM
Thank you Vincent.