PDA

View Full Version : Problems to activate

Rafael M Heise
22-Jun-2010, 07:22 AM
I have tried to activate my VRW RCIII, but I can't.

I already deactivate my firewall, but I can't either. I have a proxy in my network. Is the activate method using the HTTP protocol? or is it using another port?

I registered my VRW RCIII with the "Visual Report Writer RC III" registration name.

Any tip is very welcome because I can't use my VRW aymore because I can't activate it.

Thanks in advance.

Evertjan Dondergoor
22-Jun-2010, 07:52 AM
It calls a simple webservice, so it either uses HTTP or HTTPS.

Do you get any messages when trying to activate?

Rafael M Heise
22-Jun-2010, 09:32 AM
I got this message:

---------------------------
Visual Report Writer
Visual Report Writer is not activated.
There are 0 days left to activation.
Would you like to activate now?
Sim Não

Then I click on "Sim" and I got this message:

Error
Soap/Http Transfer error. Http request failed
OK

And then this:

Visual Report Writer
There is a problem with your Internet connection, please try again later.
OK

And then the VRW close, and I can't use that. :mad:

Maybe it could be a problem with my internet because I have a proxy in my network. But I need to know what happens to open a port in my proxy or firewall.

craigkrum
22-Jun-2010, 11:30 AM
I had the same problem. I went under 'Help' and registered (not activated) VRW again using the same registration name, serial number and registration code that I used the first time and it gave me another 30 days.

Craig

Rafael M Heise
22-Jun-2010, 11:35 AM
But I can't register the VRW again.

When I open the VRW, it shows me the message and close. I can't do anything.

craigkrum
22-Jun-2010, 11:41 AM
Ah, I did it when I still had a few days left. It might be best to just remove and reinstall the program at this point. It is a hassle, but you won't lose any of your reports. Just remember to do all the little 'fixes' you did before to get it integrated with VDF. They made it smart enough that you can't just set your date back so it thinks you have more time to activate.

Evertjan Dondergoor
24-Jun-2010, 06:03 AM
Removing and reinstalling VRW should not give you another 30 days. You might have installed a newer version though.

The VRW-activation only uses the standard ports, but maybe a firewall is blocking the program even when it has the ports open.

Rafael M Heise
24-Jun-2010, 01:30 PM
I was thinking... Should I define my proxy configuration in VRW to can active? I mean, when I want to use a cHttpTransfer class or something like that, I need to configure the proxy properties. Don't I need to do that in this case?