PDA

View Full Version : Bug? Extra page at end of report.

Michael Mullan
21-Jun-2010, 03:33 PM
I have a fairly straight forward "invoice" type report, which produces a consistent "extra" page at the end with just the page header and Page footer, even though the previous page is the last selected record.

Attached is a report which demonstrates this. Add it to the Order Entry Workspace. Just run in the designer and look at the last two pages.

the "new Page after" is checked for Group#1

Vincent Oorsprong
22-Jun-2010, 03:55 AM
Michael,

The problem is caused by selecting a "new page after this section" for the group footer. The new page is started and then the system finds out there is no more information to print.

So, how to get a new page for each group without the last page being "empty"? The answer is as simple as it is. Cause a new page before the group header and make it conditional. Use the following as formula content:

return ({&Record Number} > 1 )

This way the first page starts normal, when a new group needs to be formed a new page is generated and at the end you will not have an "empty" page.

Michael Mullan
22-Jun-2010, 05:22 AM
Thanks for the workaround, but this is still a bug to my way of thinking. Is it in the bug tracker?

Vincent Oorsprong
22-Jun-2010, 05:44 AM
Michael,

As far as I know this is not seen as a bug and thus not as a workaround, just a way of doing this.

Michael Mullan
22-Jun-2010, 10:40 AM
From the users point of view, "new page after" should only be forced IF there is another record, so my users will report this as a bug.

The technique you gave me earlier does work. But I feel strongly that it's not the "proper" way to do this.

MM.