PDA

View Full Version : Tab bar / maximize bug

Anders Ohrt
11-Jun-2010, 04:28 AM
We use the Office 2007 theme, and use the view tab bar. If we open a view maximized, then close the application, then open the application and the view again, the caption bar is still shown but the view is also maximized. You need to restore and maximize the view for the proper behavior.

Todd Forsberg
14-Jun-2010, 04:27 PM
I've seen this same behavior also. I have even tried setting the View_mode on activate, but as you said, you have to restore first then maximize. The causes an unwanted visual each time a view is opened.

Martin
18-Jun-2010, 03:21 AM
I've not seen this!

Anders Ohrt
21-Jun-2010, 07:36 AM
I've not seen this!

It should be easily reproducible. Let me know if you can't, and I'll try to get you an example.

Martin
22-Jun-2010, 03:49 AM
Still don't get the error. Do you have Set pbPreserveEnvironment to True in the Application object?

Anders Ohrt
22-Jun-2010, 05:06 AM
Still don't get the error. Do you have Set pbPreserveEnvironment to True in the Application object?

I get this in the Codejock Training workspace, which does not have pbPreserveEnvironment set. Setting it to True does nothing, settings it to False does not show the problem (obviously).

Start the Codejock Training Order Entry Sample Application. Open the task dialog view. Maximize it. Close the application, and start it again. Open the task dialog view. It is now "pseudo-maximized", the caption bar is shown, but the maximize button is not shown.

Martin
23-Jun-2010, 03:09 AM
When ever I do this I get the Max button, I'll get Ian to checked too.

Anders Ohrt
23-Jun-2010, 04:45 AM
When ever I do this I get the Max button, I'll get Ian to checked too.

I thought it might be a localization issue, but I get it both with Swedish and US locale.

It might have to do with themes or skinning, I'm on XP Pro, using the XP Visual Style and the Office 2007 skin.

Nicole Wright
2-Jul-2010, 01:36 AM
The problem is more involved and I have only come across one solution please check this thread (http://support.dataaccess.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=40157&highlight=ComEnableGroups)and note John Tuohy's solution it works brilliantly, been using it without any problems since, however your views have to be maximised at all times like the studio.

Martin
13-Aug-2010, 04:04 AM
I've made some changes in the hope of getting over the issue, will be in the next update.

Hard to tell as I don't get the error!

Anders Ohrt
13-Aug-2010, 05:51 AM
I've made some changes in the hope of getting over the issue, will be in the next update.

Hard to tell as I don't get the error!

We'll test it once it appears, thanks!

Martin
24-Aug-2010, 02:54 AM
That makes two of us!

Anders Ohrt
7-Dec-2010, 09:14 AM
We'll test it once it appears, thanks!

Sorry about forgetting this for so long! Now we've tested the latest version, and the problem remains. Any ideas?

Anders Ohrt
14-Jan-2011, 09:15 AM
*bump*

Martin
26-Jan-2011, 03:50 AM
As we can't reproduce your error it’s hard to fix.

Martin
26-Jan-2011, 10:12 AM
Having had a good look at DAC code, I’ve located the issue I think you’re having; basically the view is placed then the tabs are created so the location of the first view could be wrong, so I’ve changed the code by adding a new cSigCJTabWorkpace class to force the re-paging of the first view, this then re-gets the environment and places the view in the correct place. :cool:

Anders Ohrt
26-Jan-2011, 11:24 AM
It works great! I'll get you a pint the next time we meet. =)