PDA

View Full Version : Blank pages after last page

Rafael M Heise
24-May-2010, 12:18 PM
I have noted when I press "Next Page", there are many blank pages after my last page. I can press many many times, and it's never end.

And if I press "Last Page", my report try to show the last page, but it never happens. My report just "lock", and I need to close my application.

Does anybody has the same behaviour?

Vincent Oorsprong
24-May-2010, 02:16 PM
Rafael,

Not seen. Could you create a ticket in our helpdesk system (you have been receiving e-mails) and upload the failing report there?

Rafael M Heise
24-May-2010, 02:52 PM
Sure.

I will upload a .data with some data that I'm using to test my report.

I think it can help you to reproduce my problem.

Rafael M Heise
25-May-2010, 06:16 AM
Vincent, I created a new ticket, but I can't upload my files.

I guess I can't because of my limited internet by proxy. So, can I send these files (actually just one zip file) to some e-mail? Or should I post it here?

Sorry for the inconvenient.

Vincent Oorsprong
26-May-2010, 12:50 AM
Send the file - with reference by ticket - to support@dataaccess.eu

Rafael M Heise
26-May-2010, 06:19 AM
Thank you Vincent.

I sent it right now.

Rafael M Heise
28-May-2010, 07:06 AM
Hey Vincent.

I have talked with DAB (Data Access Brasil) about this problem, and I said to them that I noted in my report a missed label, the Report Footer label.
Then, I tried to remeber when it could be happens, but I can't.
So, I did a few test, and the report missed the Report Footer label when I moved the Detail B section up.

Then I got a older version, and I didn't move the section up. I created a new one and move all objects to the new section. Then the report works!!!!!
I need to do that because I have a Subreport, and as documentation says, I need to create a hiden section to print a function with global variables to send parameters to my subreport.

But I have a big problem now. This older version is so old. I can't use this without redo a lot of things. Is there something to fix it?

Vincent Oorsprong
30-May-2010, 06:14 AM
Rafael,

For setting the value of global variables that needs to be passed on to the sub-report it is not necessary to create a details-A and details-B although it is sometimes easier. The main issue is that the function that places values in the global variables needs to be executed before the sub-report executes (makes sense, right?). You can do this by moving the function "to back" or "backwards" in the report explorer or by splitting details in A & B.

Please upload the faulty report in Help Desk Express (hde.dataaccess.eu) or send it via support@dataaccess.eu.

Rafael M Heise
31-May-2010, 07:07 AM
Yeah, it's really make senses. But my problem now is that my report is corrupted. I can't print my report, because when I created a new detail and move it up, something bad happens, and my report doesn't work anymore.

I'll sent my report via e-mail because I can't upload files in HDE. Is the same report that I have sent last week. I'll use the same ticket before (#1349).

Thank you.