PDA

View Full Version : Could we have an update on progress please ?

DavePorter
21-May-2010, 05:15 AM
Hi Everyone,

As it it now 2 weeks since RCIII, I wondered if we could have a small report on where things are at?

I'm just about starting a new project and intend using VRW, so it would be useful to find out the current status.

regards, Dave Porter

craigkrum
24-May-2010, 11:46 AM
Dave,

I'm going by what is shown in the Release Candidate information in the top post. In there they say that the actual release will be fully compatible with any reports we are currently creating with RCIII, so I am using it now to create reports for current projects, which have worked fantastic so far, btw. I just make sure to save my reports before ANY 'Refresh Report Data' since it has a tendancy to lock up (usually my fault), requiring me to close it down and restart, losing any unsaved changes.

Andy Roden
25-May-2010, 09:29 AM
Do we have a date for the release of the next version after RCIII?

Nick
31-May-2010, 03:17 PM
This week, the complete set of functions has been thoroughly tested and issues fixed. By the end of this week we hope that testing will proof this part "OK". The good news for developers is that we will make simple documentation available on the functions.

The end of this week, a "translation" build will be made based on this and sent to our partners who do translations, while we will complete fixing the remaining set of issues. We expect this to take approximately two more weeks.

If all goes well, we should have a release build by the end of June or start of July.

DavePorter
31-May-2010, 05:25 PM
Thanks Nick - appreciate the update...
Will there be another release candidate during this period ?
Dave

Nick
31-May-2010, 05:59 PM
That is not our intent, Dave.

We know of some developers who have built a rather complete solution with VRW reports, including API integration in VDF apps. We may ask them to test an intermediate build, but we go for final release from this point on.