PDA

View Full Version : VRW RC III and VDF15.1 Integration Question

StephenElliott
14-May-2010, 08:56 AM
Hi all,

You'll have to forgive me, I'm new to Report Writer (as of yesterday!).

I've designed a report and integrated into a Test project in the VDF Studio... all that was easy enough...

Two Quick Questions:

1. I want to be able to output the selection criteria I input in RV onto the report. I didn't put any filter criteria on the report itself when I made it. Is there some way to do this?

2. I've been trying to get the status panel working. I'd be using the standard status panel that is in the RCIII project. I've checked that the pbShowStatusPanel property is being set to true and that the phoStatusPanel handle has ben set, but i can't see any status panel. Something does flash briefly on screen when i run the report but i disappears before i can see what it is... after that the report takes about a minute to run.

Ideally i'd like it to look exactly like the one in the Visual Report Writer application, showing the records counting up as the report is built. But at the moment anything would suffice.

If someone can help me or point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks

Stephen Elliott

EDIT: OK, So i got the report to output the filter function string, so the question becomes how do i output something that is human readable?

Vincent Oorsprong
14-May-2010, 11:23 AM
Stephen,

1. You can create a function in the report and look for the function via the cVisualReport class. Then replace the contents of the function to anything you want. Use the psFunction method, e.g.

Set psFunction Of oReport sReportId 'FilterCriteria' To 'return "Balance between 1000 and 2000"'

2. The pbShowStatusPanel is only for showing a panel during the opening of the report, I hope I documented this clearly. When you want another statuspanel - for example with reading report information you can respond to the OnComProgressRecordsRead event. Hmm, just found out this one is not documented.

Vincent Oorsprong
15-May-2010, 08:58 AM
Stephen,

If you want to stop the report of further processing you can send CancelReport.

StephenElliott
17-May-2010, 09:27 AM
Thanks Vincent!

Exactly what I was looking for :)

-Stephen