PDA

View Full Version : Multi Line Label/Text boxes.

Michael Mullan
12-May-2010, 04:13 PM
I have a report with a chunk of "boilerplate" disclaimer in the report footer.

The text is about 7 lines. Two issues came up on this:

1. The PDF Export did NOT word-wrap the label. I only got the first 10 words that fit on the first line. (screen preivew & printer worked ok)

2. Edit Mode. When you click on a lable field, a single mouse click ALWAYS toggles the Edit mode, but If I made a typo in the middle of the long label I want to be able to , use the mouse to navigate to the 3rd line. Using only left arrow for this is really tedious.

3. Not necessarily related to the above, for no apparent reason, the report started printing entirely blank pages...???

Michael Mullan
12-May-2010, 04:16 PM
item I. is fixed IF you edit the field properties to be "Variable Height"

Vincent Oorsprong
13-May-2010, 11:45 AM
Michael,

1. I duplicated the problem and logged it. You should have received a notification message.
2. Looks like what Joe Coley reported (http://support.dataaccess.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42902). Can you confirm?
3. Have not been able to reproduce. Can you create a report and printer conditions and create a record about this in Help Desk Express (http://hde.dataaccess.eu)?

Michael Mullan
13-May-2010, 12:10 PM
Also, It seems the the edit function of the text box is a bit ??? i.e. A right click in the text box highlights the text, but a click to locate the cursor resets the text out of edit mode. Using the "End" key and arrowing backwards can locate the cursor for editing. Not very smooth but not a show stopper.

Yes this is one of the two bugs I reported exactly.

Michael Mullan
13-May-2010, 12:32 PM
Attached is a VRW & a PDF to demo this.

the difference between the two boiler plate boxes at the bottom is on the properties "TEXT" tab for the field, the setting for "Variable Height"

Note that the boilerplate text does not include CR/LF it is only one paragraph of text.

when printing to paper on a HP LJ 3005, the word wrap works fine.

MM.