PDA

View Full Version : New Calendar Released yet?

salesnav
16-Apr-2010, 02:34 PM
I love the calendar control, it's just what I need. In a few threads, there is talk of support for mulitple schedules and a new release. What is the status of that release. Do I have it already if I downloaded from the sig site 3/30/10?

salesnav
20-Apr-2010, 03:16 PM
Let me ask this another way. I am trying to have multiple schedules with selections.

I need the calendar to be able to redisplay datasets dynamically. For example, 1 engineer's schedule, or all engineers schedules at once, then be able to select by type of event category. Like to display just appointments or just onsite visits, preferably multi select. User clicks on a button to select catagories and it redisplays.

First, Is it possible. I redownloaded all the packages so I know I have the most current. 13.2.1 You talk about these capabilities and say they are supported but last thread was April 09. That's a year ago.

Ian Smith
21-Apr-2010, 09:02 AM
Multiple schedules were not part of the original design and we forced the current functionality into the class. Being perfectly honest it is flaky and does not work very well.

The Calendar class has been completely redesigned to properly support multiple schedules amongst other things.

The Codejock control is made up of 87 classes and the object model is very complex. Some objects are nested 8 levels deep and this does not include the recursive elements of the structure.

Coding has started but it is a big class. I current have over 1800 line of code just to support the visual elements of the control and there is more to add so that foreign languages can be support properly. I will not be surprised if the finished size of this class is over 6000 lines of code. On top of the coding we have to test it, do a demo view and the documentation.

Working on this project has given me a full understanding of the problems DAW face when people ask for a release date. There is a SIG meeting in mid June and I will be very disappointed if it not completed by then.

To answer your question, the current version will not do what you require. The new class will.