PDA

View Full Version : Printing Barcode with VRW

dbmcbrierty
17-Mar-2010, 04:36 PM
is any one print bar-codes with VRW. I have customer converting to VDF 15.1 VRW and I would like to print 3 of 9 Bar-code Extended, Code 128 Bar codes.

DavePorter
18-Mar-2010, 03:54 AM
is any one print bar-codes with VRW. I have customer converting to VDF 15.1 VRW and I would like to print 3 of 9 Bar-code Extended, Code 128 Bar codes.

Funny you should say, I just had to write a new report with barcodes (which I have been doing in Crystal 8.5). So as a test I just ran the wizard for RCII on the same table and had no problems.

I use a free font called 'Free 3 of 9 Extended'.

Cheers Dave

Bob Worsley
18-Mar-2010, 07:40 AM
'Free 3 of 9 Extended'.

Cheers Dave
I much prefer 7 of 9... :D

Mike Cooper
18-Mar-2010, 09:34 AM
I use list and label and it does just about every barcode that you would want and it might even do 2D barcodes Easy to use and design

dbmcbrierty
18-Mar-2010, 01:06 PM
Mike,
What is List and Label a product that works with VRW?

dbmcbrierty
18-Mar-2010, 02:13 PM
Dave many character in the bar-codes your print. I have an application that needs to print 27 alpha/numeric

Garret Mott
18-Mar-2010, 02:29 PM
Mike,
What is List and Label a product that works with VRW?

A completely separate reporting option - normally used instead of Crystal or VRW.

http://www.combit.net/en/reporting-tool/report-generator-List-Label

DavePorter
18-Mar-2010, 06:02 PM
I actually only need numbers for inventory items....
cheers Dave

Vincent Oorsprong
19-Mar-2010, 01:54 AM
Doug,

See the enclosed screenshot as a proof of printing barcodes with Visual Report Writer. You have to install the appropriate fonts.

Mike Cooper
19-Mar-2010, 08:33 AM
Yup...

Thanks for jumping in Garret

I think this product is "The Bomb!" (as Randy Jackson would say it... actually means really really good.)

You can download a trial version, and it comes with a PKG for VDF developed by Bernard Ponemeyer

M

Garret Mott
19-Mar-2010, 10:37 AM
Yup...

Thanks for jumping in Garret

I think this product is "The Bomb!" (as Randy Jackson would say it... actually means really really good.)

You can download a trial version, and it comes with a PKG for VDF developed by Bernard Ponemeyer

M

Yeah - I've looked at it. Really a different way of looking at reporting & I haven't had the time to get my (limited) head around it. VRW (once there's a verify option) may take over from adding yet another way to report though. Then there's Dynamic AI, the Report Control, OK I'm tired now......

dbmcbrierty
19-Mar-2010, 11:12 AM
Vincent,
So VRW will print Bar Code the same as Crystal it appears. The Computer printing must have the same font file.
Thanks Doug

dbmcbrierty
19-Mar-2010, 11:17 AM
My customers reports have been developed in Crystal, and I have been playing with VRW and like it, when finished it should replace crystal and change the Client Set-up, Yaa! Hoo! I purchased VRW for use with VDF 15.1. I will try List and label demo.
Thanks for the info
Doug

Mike Cooper
19-Mar-2010, 01:06 PM
Hi Doug...

When you want to try L&L... I would be happy to lend a hand. It is a totally different way to report from Crystal which IMO is way better. Also it comes with a royalty free designer so you can deliver that to your customers as part of your product.

The newest version supports drill down reporting (which I haven't gotten into yet).

As for barcodes, a lot of my customers use them for many different reasons. Since the designer is part of the software, they can design their own labels and change to whatever barcode format they happen to like with nothing more than a bit of hand-holding from me.

Mike