PDA

View Full Version : Possible to get the data from an array?

JoacimEriksson
24-Feb-2010, 02:39 AM
Hi

Is it possible to get the data from an array instead of a databasetable?

My case is that I have different places to gather information that I will print , my first thought was to do a printtable there I can store the info and then print from, but Is it possible to do this from an array instead to speed things up?

// joacim

Nick
24-Feb-2010, 07:12 PM
Hi Joacim, this is scheduled after release of version 1.0. It is going to be called "Runtime Data Source" (RDS). Basically you will be able to create a report based on virtual fields (opposed to database fields) and then populate them out of a Visual DataFlex Application.

The advantage it gives to dvelopers is that you have full control over the database logic in your application and let you fully control the visual design of the report in VRW.

No estimate as to when this will be available,
Nick

Clive Richmond
24-Feb-2010, 08:49 PM
Hi Nick,

Hi Joacim, this is scheduled after release of version 1.0. It is going to be called "Runtime Data Source" (RDS). Basically you will be able to create a report based on virtual fields (opposed to database fields) and then populate them out of a Visual DataFlex Application.

So are we saying this is to be the replacement for Crystal's CDO? I assume it will support linking as follows:

RDS to Data-Source parent
Data-Source to RDS parent
RDS to RDS parent

Where data-source is DataFlex or something other database.

Also linking needs to be via one or more column and of disparate data-type:

The advantage it gives to dvelopers is that you have full control over the database logic in your application and let you fully control the visual design of the report in VRW.

No estimate as to when this will be available,

Needs to be a high-priority.