PDA

View Full Version : RC II Totals are broken.

Michael Mullan
22-Feb-2010, 08:25 AM
When adding totals to a group, any field which results from a function, in the body of the report can not be summed up.

This makes creating Invoice reports impossible, as one needs an "Extended Price" function, on the body line, and a net total, and a tax function in the page footer.

While I used Invoicing as my example, this applies to all summary reports, where calculated results from the body are required at the grand total level.

Is this a bug or an intentional "you can't do that yet". Either way when can we expect that this will become possible? If it's not going to be possible by the first public release, please let me know now, so I can re-work the reports for this client in Crystal.

regards

Nick
22-Feb-2010, 09:12 AM
Michael,
This will be possible after first release.

For now, you can make a running total, by defining a function using a global variable. I enclose a sample report that runs on the Order sample.

Note:
- First thing to do is to set data source location correctly.
- It is a bit awkward report: it re-sets running total if the first character in the name of the State changes (yes; weird example)

Michael Mullan
22-Feb-2010, 10:12 AM
Nick,

Thanks for this. It did give me enough of a pointer to create the structure I needed. I changed a few things in your report, and added it here.

1. I added a function in the report header to re-set all the global variables to Zero. ( otherwise when you refresh the report, the totals get doubled.)
2. I Suppressed the body section, because I only wanted the final summary per state.
3. I fixed the reset so the total reset to Zero , if the state changed at all. (AK & AL, not the same state!)
4. I Added another function to calculate the Grand Total.

Also, when you edit a function, all the function names in the right panel revert to Function1, function2, function3 etc, but the functions int he repoirt witht he original names are still called.

Michael Mullan
22-Feb-2010, 10:31 AM
OK, I got my totals to work, except that I'm totaling Dollars, and the system expects Functions to return Text ( the "number" formatting tab is not available in the designer ) and of the available functions in the function editor, there is no "format" function to
return (format(iTotalDollars,currency))

Bug? Feature? YAFR?

Vincent Oorsprong
22-Feb-2010, 12:19 PM
Michael,

You should write:

return cdbl (iTotalDollars)
And then you will see there is a number tabpage in the format field.

I will forward the name mismatch issue.

Brigitte
27-Aug-2010, 02:30 AM
Nick,

the VRW is now released but the sum of a functions is up to now not available.
When did we get it?

Brigitte