PDA

View Full Version : Database Expert file arrangement

craigkrum
18-Feb-2010, 08:03 PM
The Database Expert still seems to arrange databases very oddly. I have just 2 that are linked and they always seem to get arranged one on top of the other instead of side by side. Currently I can not even access the lower database anymore because it is pushed below the bottom of the window and there is no scroll bar to let me scroll down to it. I have tried minimizing/maximizing the window but it doesn't work.

Michael Mullan
18-Feb-2010, 08:12 PM
I don't have it in front of me, but ther is a minimise files option in ther somwhere either in the context menu or the toolbar. It shrinks all the files inthe window to tiny boxes which you can re size enough to be useful.

Ymmv.

[edit]

It's the fourth button across on the DB Expert "Table Links" toolbar.

Michael

Vincent Oorsprong
19-Feb-2010, 04:00 AM
Craig,

Thanks for the report. We have reproduced the missing scrollbar situation and we have it logged for a fix.

craigkrum
19-Feb-2010, 12:47 PM
Thanks Mike, the 'minimize tables' is a great work around. Is there a way to save your table layout when you exit? It always goes back to the 'auto arrange' format when you go back into the Expert.

Michael Mullan
19-Feb-2010, 01:22 PM
Beats me!

craigkrum
19-Feb-2010, 01:36 PM
Vincent, you are probably the one to ask this question: Is there (or will there be) a way to save your table layout in the Database Expert when you exit? I'll get it all arranged so that I can see the tables and links in a way that makes sense to me, but the next time I go back in, it has been set back to the 'auto arrange' format.

Vincent Oorsprong
20-Feb-2010, 05:02 AM
Craig,

There is not such a feature right now. Some more people asked for this and I have therefore added it to the wishlist.