PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Policy ?

philby
17-Feb-2010, 11:03 PM
The "early-bird" purchase offer for VRW is certainly attractive. What can we expect when it comes to future upgrades ?
Cheers, Phil

Garret Mott
18-Feb-2010, 12:10 AM
The "early-bird" purchase offer for VRW is certainly attractive. What can we expect when it comes to future upgrades ?
Cheers, Phil

I believe it'll be using the subscription model, like VDF. I think that's ~ $100US/year.

Nick
18-Feb-2010, 01:55 AM
Correct. VRW will be following the annual maintenance policy as we know from Visual DataFlex. People who ordered the special 50% promo (he, it still runs, until end of February!) will receive free updates for 12 months, starting at the date of final release.

The annual maintenance policy is based on 25% of the license price, whatever that is in your region. After 12 months, you have the option to "renew" at that rate.
Nick

Michael Mullan
18-Feb-2010, 08:19 AM
I presume that 12 months starts from the release date for those of us who bought early?

Ulbe Stellema
18-Feb-2010, 08:32 AM
From Nick's message:

Correct. VRW will be following the annual maintenance policy as we know from Visual DataFlex. People who ordered the special 50% promo (he, it still runs, until end of February!) will receive free updates for 12 months, starting at the date of final release.