PDA

View Full Version : PropertyGrid

Chris Spencer
16-Feb-2010, 12:50 AM
Can anyone tell me what the properties are used to:

1. Remove the sort icon at top of control
2. Remove the tooltip text at the bottom of control

Searched the help and pkgs and cannot seem to find anything that will do this
Must be possible cause both those visual elements are removed by DAW in the studio where they use property grid controls

Vincent Oorsprong
16-Feb-2010, 12:57 AM
Chris,

The bottom help is controlled by HelpVisible. The icons on top... not sure but it looks like PropertySort.

Chris Spencer
16-Feb-2010, 01:34 AM
PropertySort should have mentioned I tried that prior to posting but it doesn't want to play ball, figured there must be another one
I will test the helpvisible

Chris Spencer
16-Feb-2010, 01:44 AM
Vinvcent
Ok thanks HelpVisible is correct but the PropertySort does not seem to be the property that controls the sort icon

Pieter van Dieren
16-Feb-2010, 04:34 AM
Chris,

To remove the icons:

Set pbToolbarVisible to False

What do you mean the 'Tooltip text'?
The textbox below that shows the status lines?
You can remove that with:

Set pbHelpVisible to False

Chris Spencer
16-Feb-2010, 06:28 AM
Thanks Pieter
The pbToolbarVisible was what I was after

Vincent Oorsprong
17-Feb-2010, 01:16 AM
And what COM property is that one using?

Chris Spencer
17-Feb-2010, 01:53 AM
ComToolBarVisible

Why do you ask that?

Vincent Oorsprong
17-Feb-2010, 05:26 AM
Chris,

I am not using the SIG CodeJock Library and was looking at the CJ documentation directly. Did not see this one and therefore pointed at sorted. Always good for people to see as reference.

Chris Spencer
17-Feb-2010, 07:14 AM
The property names they use are not the best it can be hard to find some of them

Pieter van Dieren
17-Feb-2010, 08:43 AM
Chris,

In the SIG library the most important properties are used, so it's pretty easy to find them: Just look in the object properties panel of the Studio. ;-)

Peter Bragg
17-Feb-2010, 10:15 AM
Chris,

Wherever we are simply exposing a codejock property we always try to use the same naming convention as they do. So for example for ComToolbarVisible we used pbToolbarVisible. If it is a property that we would want the developer to use then it should be visible in the object properties in the studio. I agree with you that in this case pbToolbarVisible isn't as intuitive as (for example) pbShowGridSortOptions (or whatever) but then if you approach this from the other side there will be some developers who may be looking at the codejock documentation and want to see if we have exposed the functionality - by using a similar (and hopefully consistent) naming convention they should be easier to find. Ultimately I guess there will always be times when you can't find what you are looking for - which is why it is good that we have this forum (even if some of us - me - don't always post as often as we - I - should. :o)