PDA

View Full Version : Database Expert Question

craigkrum
12-Feb-2010, 06:03 PM
Is there a way to update a database definition once you have added the file to VRW? I added a field to a database in VDF but it seemed like the only way to make the field available in VRW was to delete and then re-add the file to the report.

Speaking of deleting files from VRW. It looks like you can only remove a database from a report if you are acutally using a field somewhere in the report. Otherwise it appears to ignore you.

Vincent Oorsprong
13-Feb-2010, 03:42 AM
Craig,

I tried to duplicate your report that a table cannot be removed in the database expert when no columns are used from that table and was not able to do so. Could you make some screenshot, exact steps you took so that we can attempt to reproduce?

Bob Worsley
13-Feb-2010, 02:03 PM
Crystal has a "Verify Database" button that will compare itself to the database and update Crystal's understanding of it, is there such in VRW? If not there should be - I haven't looked.

You probably don't want to remove a database from a report, if you do that in Crystal it will essentially gut the report, removing all of those fields from the report.

Hans van de Laar
14-Feb-2010, 08:48 AM
Hi Vincent,

I have reported this already in HDE 1076 and uploaded soms files to reproduce.

Nick
14-Feb-2010, 09:32 AM
There is no facility to verify the underlying database (structure). It's one of the first things planned right after release. It is also planned to do a "mass-verify"; some people with lots of reports abd a rather "dynamic" database environment have requested it,
Nick

Vincent Oorsprong
14-Feb-2010, 12:34 PM
Hans,

As you can see in the record it is marked as fixed. If you can please recheck in the upcoming RC II.