PDA

View Full Version : Just can't make it work.

Boris
12-Feb-2010, 11:27 AM
I just downloaded the RC version. Uninstalled the prior versions. Build a new report, again, just one table, two fields in the report. Results:

Within VRW:
it shows all the records.
If I export to pdf, it crashes.

Within 15.1:
I created a new report using the integration library, when I try to run it, it shows no records.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks in Advanced
Boris Reyna

Jim Albright
12-Feb-2010, 11:32 AM
There is another thread (http://support.dataaccess.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42205) concerning exporting to PDF. This is a bug and is scheduled to be fixed in RC2.

Boris
12-Feb-2010, 11:39 AM
Yeah, I just set the font/size of every item and it exports ok now.
But still can't see a report from within vdf. it shows no records.
this is a brand new report created in the RC with no filters with an ODBC connection to SQL 2005 backend.

Michael Mullan
12-Feb-2010, 12:34 PM
How big are the tables?

Boris
12-Feb-2010, 12:35 PM
100 records. is my banks table. the size should not be an issue here.

Michael Mullan
12-Feb-2010, 01:05 PM
you're right it shouldn't. In my case I had 1.6 million rows, and no filter, so there was a lot of table scanning going on.

I know it sounds silly, but change the font & font size again. Also make sure the colors are not "invisible" white on white or some such.

MM.

Boris
12-Feb-2010, 01:45 PM
Mmmm. Well, I changed the colors to red and still no records are shown.
After that, I placed a .jpg in the header and a different .jpg in footer, and they are shown one after the other with no space in between, so, that shows that it is not finding any record.

Now that I think of it a little more, couldn't it be a "login" to the backend issue?
In Crystal Reports I do reports the same way using the odbc to sql 2005. From within my app I have a login routine to every report.

In VRW, I think this login info is kept somewhere and that is why the records are read & shown.

The difference with crystal reports, is that, when I forget to do the login to the report routine, crystal pops a dialog asking for credentials, maybe, vrw is not doing that.

Where I set the username/password from vdf to a vrw report?

Michael Mullan
12-Feb-2010, 02:13 PM
Sorry,

I haven used any of the ODBC stuff yet. Maybe Ulbe or Vincent will pitch in.

Boris
12-Feb-2010, 02:28 PM
Which DB you use?
I only see listed : Dataflex & ODBC.

Bob Worsley
12-Feb-2010, 02:36 PM
With the VRW I've used DataFlex for the native DB and ODBC for SQL Server, both of which work though I think there's a problem in RC I with ODBC for "standard" tables. This is fixed for RC II.

Michael Mullan
12-Feb-2010, 02:48 PM
I just use DF tables.

Vincent Oorsprong
13-Feb-2010, 04:06 AM
Boris,

I have been able to reproduce your report. We will look into it.

What I can tell you right now is that it is not a username and password that is missing because it is part of the report information. The information can be programmatically accessed via the psDatabaseConnection property.

Boris
14-Feb-2010, 07:44 AM
Hi! Vincent.
Ulbe contacted me with an updated .ocx and I can confirm that it is working ok now from within my application.
Thanks for the quick response.