PDA

View Full Version : Docking pane, visual theme and skin?

Pieter van Dieren
12-Feb-2010, 03:17 AM
I'm playing around with the docking panes for the first time.
It seems that when I pick the visual themes Office2007 or Word2007, the docking pane ignores the skin I choose. In other words: color is always blue.

Is this just as it is, or can I change this behaviour?

Martin
17-Feb-2010, 07:57 AM
This would be the case if you set a theme in the skinning object, we have defaulted the theme for each component to use Office2007 where possible.

Pieter van Dieren
17-Feb-2010, 08:36 AM
Hi Martin,

First let me (once again) express my gratitude for what you guys have done with this project. I'm very happy with it!

I don't understand what you mean with 'Set a theme in the skinning object'?

To elaborate:

I use a program with a ribbon bar and let the user pick a ComOffice2007Images DLL: Black/Blue/Lightblue/Aqua/Silver/Scenic/White.

When this is changed, I also need to change to the corresponding skin (Office2007.cjstyles) to make it all look right.
However, the docking panels never change color if you use the visual theme Office2007. They always will have the blue appearance, no matter the skin you chose. So I just wondered if somehow the colors could be changed when using the visual theme Office2007 (because it looks best), but I suppose not.

So I just picked the next best visual theme (Explorer) in this case and that works fine too:

http://support.dataaccess.com/Forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3231&stc=1&d=1266413673

Pieter van Dieren
17-Feb-2010, 03:53 PM
I guess I just don't get it sometimes...

Using the visual theme Office2007 on the Dockingpanel doesn't work: the skin is ignored.
Using the visual theme Office2007 on a Commandbar within a view however works ok: it uses the skin.
Using the visual theme Whidbey on the Commandbar on the other hand only works partially: the background color is according to the skin, the mousover does not use the skin settings...

I'm just trying to create a program with very consistent look, but stuff like this makes it hard...

Garret Mott
17-Feb-2010, 04:12 PM
I guess I just don't get it sometimes...

You just summed up my life as a programmer in one neat sentence - thanks - I think! :eek:

Pieter van Dieren
18-Feb-2010, 05:38 AM
You just summed up my life as a programmer in one neat sentence - thanks - I think! :eek:

:D
My life got a little better when last night I suddenly found the solution for the problem.
I forgot to set the Office2007Images property of the Dockingpane manager...

When I do that and use visual theme Office2007 it all looks ok now (in Black, Silver, Aqua etc.)

Martin
21-Feb-2010, 03:53 PM
Cool ;)