PDA

View Full Version : First field missing in Pervasive Tables

RobertRoth
12-Feb-2010, 12:30 AM
ODBC Pervasive 8.0 data source (System DSN). VRW RC1

The first field is missing from all Pervasive tables. This is apparent in the Database Expert and in the Field Explorer. This particular data source has been used for years with Crystal.

This problem does not occur using MSSQL/File DSN data source.

ivansc
12-Feb-2010, 06:37 PM
I have the same problem with ORACLE express and ODBC, but seems to be only with Non-Recnum tables.
VDF and Dbexplorer are working without problems with the same driver.
With Oracle (Oracle Database 10g Express Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0) i have another problem with recnum and Non-Recnum tables. When Preview the report VRW sends this message:
---------------------------
Visual Report Writer
---------------------------
Error: 933, [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-00933: comando SQL no terminado correctamente
--------------------------
The window "Show SQL Query" shows me this:
SELECT "USUARIOS"."Nombre","USUARIOS"."Password","USUARIOS"."Ingreso" FROM "ORAXE"."ISCHOOF"."USUARIOS" "USUARIOS"
I copy this sentence in an Oracle editor and give me the same error, but if i cut the connection name :
SELECT "USUARIOS"."Nombre","USUARIOS"."Password","USUARIOS"."Ingreso" FROM "ISCHOOF"."USUARIOS" "USUARIOS"
... the sql works fine, but i can´t do the same in VRW.
regards
Iván Schoof
PD: could have the "Show SQL Query" an option to copy the query?

Bob Worsley
13-Feb-2010, 03:06 PM
In RC I, "Standard" or non recnum SQL tables when connected to VRW by ODBC do not show the first column - this will be fixed in RC II, I encountered this last week and DAW worked out a fix for it.

Jim Albright
16-Feb-2010, 11:28 AM
Interesting. I had not noticed this. I have added recnum to each of my tables and since it is the first field, it does not show.