PDA

View Full Version : About the level of Support from Data Access Europe.

Michael Mullan
10-Feb-2010, 08:26 PM
It's Brilliant!

I had some Issues with VRW RC1, I brought them to the attention of DAE and I got some really great dedicated support from them.

Ulbe set me up this evening with a GotoMeeting session and we worked through the issues I'd raised. To Summarize..

1. The Wizard not Working. Attributed to my changing the "Default Font Size" to a (much) higher value than standard. I'd done this to allow my own VDF apps to appear "larger" on a hi-res monitor. Setting it back to decimal 12 fixed the "missing buttons on the wizard"

2. Export to PDF. Ulbe added more debug code and we determined that the PDF export error was because I had some fields in the report with no font name or font size defined.. the workaround of "select all" and set Font Name and Fonet Size worked fine. PDF exports now work for me.

3. Loading speed in Embedded DB. The new build the Ulbe sent me has mostly addressed the speed of loading large tables. We did notice some issues with filters and very large tables (1.6 Million rows) Ulbe promised to work on this. I sent him a Zip of my two files.

All in all Visual Report Writer appears to be a really great system, and it looks like it will become my system of choice for creating and deploying reports. I'm really impressed with just how much of the functionality I'll actually need is in there.

Keep up the good work!

Michael Mullan.

Bob Worsley
10-Feb-2010, 08:35 PM
Ulbe spent half of last weekend working with me and my SQL Server VRW problems - he is either very dedicated or has someone standing behind him with a cattle prod. I'd guess the former. Anyway, bravo!

DavePorter
11-Feb-2010, 03:56 AM
Great to hear Michael, I too am looking forward to switching to VRW, and leaving Crystal behind !
cheers Dave

ps I just installed RC-1 and I too get the error when exporting to PDF - I tried 'selecting all' and selecting a font, but still getting the error...

Michael Mullan
11-Feb-2010, 09:06 AM
Make sure Every item on the report has a font name, and a font size declared.

when you select an element, the font name & Size on the toolbar dropdowns must not be blank.