PDA

View Full Version : Details in multi columns

Brigitte
10-Feb-2010, 11:41 AM
Hi,

is it possible to print the details in multi columns? Where can I select this property?

And a second question: Is it possible to select several database fields in the "Field Explorer"?

Regards,

Brigitte

Nick
11-Feb-2010, 12:18 PM
Sorry to disappoint you Brigitte. Multi column is scheduled for a future release.

Multi-select of fields is on the wish-list, not sure if it will be implemented. Let me ask you: If you drop multiple fields in a report, what should happen? Place all fields horizontally aligned, auto-sized to fill up the width of the line? Which sort order, and what about field headers?

Hint: Coming up with good ideas increases the chance for it bubbling up on the list! :-)
Nick

Michael Mullan
11-Feb-2010, 12:25 PM
Multi Select should imho:

1. remember the order selected, and use this for order of placement.
2. Create a single row, with headers, if there is space. (perhaps shrink by n% before placement?)
2a. If not enough space across the page, ask user to choose between "multi row" or "form" layout

in "form" layout the selected fields are listed, with their titles along the left margin, as happens when you drag multiple fields from the DDO explorer onto a View in the studio.

In multi row, the fields, and their headers are wrapped.

Just my 2Cents...

Brigitte
15-Feb-2010, 04:08 AM
Nick,

sometimes I use a report for a quick look at the contents of some special fields. So I select the database and the fields I want to see. The size of the fields on the report should depend on the field size of the database.

An other multi-select wish is in the wizzard. Or if it is not possible to realize it, it will be fine, if the field selection works like the selection in the studio. After the selection of one field and moved it to the right side of the window the next field will be selected.

Brigitte

Nick
15-Feb-2010, 05:10 PM
Brigitte,
to move a field in the wizard from the left to the right panel, you can double-click each field.

See if that helps?
Nick