PDA

View Full Version : Hungarian character in the name of vrw

nextsw
10-Feb-2010, 02:33 AM
I used the hungarian character in the name of report. When I want to integrate to the VDF15.1 I get an error message: You cannot integrate this report because this is in other workspace. But I select correct workspace. When I changed the name of report to without hungarian character I can integrate same vrw report.

regards
Géza Michaletzky

Dennis Piccioni
10-Feb-2010, 10:34 AM
Hi Géza,

that's probably a VDF issue, not a VRW issue. The VDF Studio does not support extended ASCII characters in names or paths.

nextsw
11-Feb-2010, 04:38 AM
Hi Géza,

that's probably a VDF issue, not a VRW issue. The VDF Studio does not support extended ASCII characters in names or paths.

Hi Dennis,

In the VDF I cannot create component with wrong name (with extended ASCII characters). I think the VRW also can controll the report name creation.

regards
Géza

Vincent Oorsprong
11-Feb-2010, 05:37 AM
Geza,

The integration wizard checks if the report is in the current workspace. If not it does not allow you to continue. For this check it uses the DataFlex command Get_File_Path which does not support ANSI filenames. I might change the wizard that when you are sure that it is ok to use a report that cannot be "found" just generate a warning telling you are in charge in case of trouble.