PDA

View Full Version : Problem when trying to access the report wizard

Boris
18-Jan-2010, 02:03 PM
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/boris/CONFIG%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.pngI get this error when trying to use the report wizard, after installing VRW II Beta.

Boris
18-Jan-2010, 02:09 PM
Also tried to export a simple (two fields report) to pdf and vrw crashes and the exported file is corrupted.

Vincent Oorsprong
18-Jan-2010, 02:10 PM
Boris,

Please edit the templates.xml file in the appsrc\config folder with a text editor. Remove the line after </templates>. Save the file and retry to start the wizard. I cannot give you a file because the path to your bin folder is in the file and mine is (most likely) different.

I will log the error in our help desk system. Could you (and others) please reports bugs/problems via support@dataaccess.eu?

Vincent Oorsprong
18-Jan-2010, 02:11 PM
Boris,

Do you have more information how we might be able to reproduce?

Boris
18-Jan-2010, 02:15 PM
Ok, now the error is gone, and I can see the vrw icon. But I click it and after few seconds, a black screen quickly appears and disappears and nothing happens.

Boris
18-Jan-2010, 02:19 PM
Backend: SQL 2005, just one table, and the report has 2 fields. (code & description).
I previewed it within VRW, then used the export option, clicked on the .pdf option and tried to export to My Documents. (I left the default export options unchanged).
Attached is what I get after the crash.

Vincent Oorsprong
18-Jan-2010, 02:22 PM
Boris,

That means that the path to the wizard is wrong. Please check the path in the <FileName></FileName> entry and modify it,

Boris
18-Jan-2010, 02:25 PM
Yeap, that was it, now is working. I think the installer is wrong, it was something like : C:\data access worldwide\visual dataflex etc etc.
I changed it to Program Files and corrected the entire path.

Vincent Oorsprong
18-Jan-2010, 02:27 PM
Boris,

How do you access the MSSQL database? Via INT files or ODBC? Is it just one table? Does it happen with all tables in the MSSQL database?

Vincent Oorsprong
18-Jan-2010, 02:29 PM
Boris,

Oh, I am sure it is wrong! In my situation the file was corrupted too, sorry that I did not tell you that.

So most likely all developers will run into this same problem.

Boris
18-Jan-2010, 02:29 PM
ODBC
1 table
(just tried this one table).

Boris
18-Jan-2010, 02:35 PM
I'm starting to use the wizard generated report. Problems:

1.) No records are shown (I haven't filtered anything).
2.) Tried to export to .pdf from the viewer, and I got the error in the attached image.

Vincent Oorsprong
18-Jan-2010, 03:05 PM
Boris,

Sorry, we need more information. I just made a report on an ODBC database, two columns, exported to PDF and no problems.

Boris
19-Jan-2010, 09:36 AM
what information?

Boris
19-Jan-2010, 10:45 AM
Hi! Vincent.
I see that you don't have the translations to spanish in VRW. I can send them if you send me a list of words to be translated if you want.

Vincent Oorsprong
19-Jan-2010, 01:00 PM
Boris,

Thanks for the offer. I think we have someone else for translation but if not we will let you know.

Vincent Oorsprong
19-Jan-2010, 01:01 PM
Boris,

That is the big question. Maybe you can try again and describe in steps, make screenshots or a video, save the report and send it to support@dataaccess.eu?