PDA

View Full Version : dll third party

Giuseppe Catania
30-Dec-2009, 09:10 PM
Hello,
I have tryed the VRW and refrain that for now is not ready to use.
Bedises, the CRW is avaiable in more language and support dll of third party.
I use dll Idautomation for EAN CODE and desire know if in the next
versione the VRW is ready for use this dll.
Thank you

Boris
12-Jan-2010, 05:29 PM
I use Azalea .dlls to generate barcodes. Will this dll work with VRW?

Nick
1-Feb-2010, 04:10 PM
Giuseppe, in v 1.0, there will be no feature that supports adding third party functionality. For future release, we do have scheduled to look into the possibiltiy, but it will not support the EAN Code library you talk about. In fact we can't tell now what the technology will exactly look at, at this time.
Nick

Nick
1-Feb-2010, 04:21 PM
Boris,
Let me start with stating that we do not intend to officially support the Azalea product in v 1.0.

However... A quick look into this area learned that the code 39 bar-codes can be generated with a simple function. The PDF417 is a bit more complex. We could look into incorporating something in VRW to support this, but then, there is an ActiveX that formats an input string as PDF417. So, in the developer Edition, one would be abel to support this (extend the classes for VRW, with this function).

I'll attach a sample report (based on "Orders") and screenshot of what that looks like. This is a subject we will pick up after release of 1.0. But please keep us informed of any progress you may make with this.
Nick

PS I can't enclosed the TTF files used for the report, you have to download them from the Azalea site yourself if you don't have them. It's the MBA, MBAThin, MBAWide and Code39Azalea.