PDA

View Full Version : Migration - 15.0 to 15.1 - other files?

DavePorter
9-Dec-2009, 09:10 PM
I just migrated a workspace from 15.0 to 15.1 - no problems with compiling immediately after the migration.

But a lot of the files ( 268 ) have ended up in 'Other Files'.

The warning logs show reports like this:
Source.: Area_Maintenance.vw
Message: Undefined superclass 'cDJSdbview'. Verify that the correct Use declaration is present and/or that the superclass is defined before this line.
Action.: The source code parser cannot find the superclass in question. Check the pathing of the workspace and/or associated libraries for this class. If you choose to continue the migration without correcting this error, you run the risk of unknown issues arising during or after the migration process.

( cDJSdbview.pkg is my subclass of dbview that adds security. It is located in a folder that was also migrated as part of the wizard )

So can I easily move my views and reports in Other to the correct folder location ?

regards, Dave Porter

Peter Bosch
10-Dec-2009, 03:26 AM
Another issue with migrating: migrating to 15.0 make the library paths from relative to absolute (this was a bug in 15.0) - if you haven't changed this to relative pathing you still have the absolute paths - maybe a warning would be nice or a "repair"-option.

Regards
Peter

John van Houten
10-Dec-2009, 11:48 AM
Hi Dave,

By "Other Files" I guess that you are referring to Workspace Explorer? My guess is that the warning message you posted from the migration gives you the reason why some of your views are not categorized as views in Workspace Explorer. That is that the Class declaration of your View class in those files cannot be resolved.

What does the Problem Resolution panel say about your Views? Does it also display warnings about missing Use statements? Are the missing Use statements referring to the file where your View subclass is declared?

By the way, are you on the latest VDF 15.1 Release Candidate build?

regards John van Houten

Marcia Booth
11-Dec-2009, 10:46 AM
Another issue with migrating: migrating to 15.0 make the library paths from relative to absolute (this was a bug in 15.0) - if you haven't changed this to relative pathing you still have the absolute paths - maybe a warning would be nice or a "repair"-option.

Regards
Peter

Hi Peter.

The migration calls the same routine as the Studio to pick the best path to use for libraries.

You are saying that when you migrated from 15.0 to 15.1 the library path was not changed to relative. Could you send me the paths (full path where workspace and library live, the WS and SWS files) involved so I can check what happened in your case?

Peter Bosch
11-Dec-2009, 11:47 AM
Hi Marcia,

sorry, I have tested it now with RC and now it works fine. Maybe it was one of the Beta where I have seen this. Everything is fine now.

Best regards,
Peter

Marcia Booth
11-Dec-2009, 12:08 PM
OK. Thanks!