PDA

View Full Version : Code Sense and Structs

Chris Spencer
18-Nov-2009, 10:06 PM
This is common in earlier versions but would it be possible to NOT sort the elements of a struct in codesense when using it to select?

I tend to define the structs in a logical order and use s, i, b, d, etc prefixes.

So when the list pops up instead of being in the order defined they are alphabet ordered, and I need to search for the element I want which even though defined first in the struct can be anywhere in the list

danwalsh46
19-Nov-2009, 08:27 AM
This is great suggestion.

Chris Spencer
20-Nov-2009, 06:39 PM
Well we must be the only 2 that thinks so!

danwalsh46
21-Nov-2009, 11:57 AM
I guess so. I often end up copying the struct definition into Notepad and putting it in the 2nd monitor to use as a reference. Maybe I'm the only one here who suffers from CRS.

Garret Mott
21-Nov-2009, 01:32 PM

Well, this is a tough one for me. When inheriting code, things get different. To use another example: In Table Explorer, fields are shown in DB order. I would love the option of displaying them in alpha order, as even though I know the name of the field, I have no idea where in the 112 fields the previous developer put it.

So - since this is fantasy at the moment - what I'd really like is the option of presenting struct elements & table columns either way (2 separate settings in the studio).

Chris Spencer
21-Nov-2009, 03:35 PM
Garrett
Yes that would be the best solution.

Anders Ohrt
22-Nov-2009, 11:00 AM

I'm divided. I also make sure to have fields in "logical" order, but I usually know roughly what the field names are so I would not benefit much from having them in "logical" order...